Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
Okay everyone, we've made some upgrades to the personal pages tool on the site.

Here are the updates:

More than one page - Simply login to the forum, click the "My Page" link and you'll see a link to "Add new page". Simply enter the title for the page and you're done!
New navigation - As you create new pages they will automatically be listed as links from your main page and from other pages.
Delete pages - Not happy with a page you created? Simply use the feature to "Delete this page" to remove the page you are viewing.

You'll notice that when you click on the "Add new page" link you'll be able to enter a name / title for your page. We limited this title to 15 characters to keep the links short.

Please play around with the new upgrades and let us know what you think.

Oh, and as mentioned here, one of the goals of this project is to allow members to create pages that we can link to from the BYC site. More details are on the way, but get ready for a contest to see who can build the best "My Coop" page!

Here is how to use the tool:

If you are logged in you'll see a link in the main blue menu that says "My Page".
Click this and you'll load up your page. Click "Click here to edit" to enter the page editor.

Here is a demo of how it works:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/cmstour.htm

Here is my own Personal Page:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=2

neat!!!

What do you on to make your own pessonal page???????

how do you make the upgrades??????????

big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

I have the same e-mail, so hopefully it's legit.
smile.png

Thanks for adding extra pages for us.

Can we put other things on, other than chickies, like our kids, family, etc...??

Thanks for such a great site.
yippiechickie.gif
I'm truly addicted.
Jess

Chicken_boy, How do we make upgrades? With great programmers!

rrrsmom, yup, the email you got from me was legit. A lot of people tested it out and it looked good so we released it to everyone to play with.

jessied1227, can you use it for whatever you want? Absolutely, as long as it isn't offensive / illegal. That's the whole reason why we developed the tool, so we could all share ourselves with each other and become an even closer community!

As I said above, one thing we'll be doing is having some contests for different types of pages, so stay tuned!

Quote:
EurekaSouthinNoAL, you've got amazing timing! I was actually in the middle of looking through some of the many great pages already created. Can you believe there are already 175 pages created!?!?

Here is a page that automatically updates and has all the pages listed:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/pages.php

Back
Top Bottom