Ended BYC Poultry Knowledge Quiz - Win Prizes!

How many species are there?
Some 50 odd species of pheasants in the world but this changes occasionally as more research and ornithological classifications change or arise.
There are roughly 32 species and subspecies of the True pheasants alone!...Phasianus colchicus, of which I raise 18 different species and subspecies.

Last edited:
This is the reason I stress strict...BIOSECURITY, BIOSECURITY, BIOSECURITY and SANITATION, SANITATION, SANITATION protocols.
How do you do that? 😅 It looks like if I had introduced my April hatch to native soil sooner instead of keeping them safe inside, coccidiosis could have been prevented... so keeping things too clean was bad. 🤷‍♀️

🤯🤯🤯 How do all other birds reproduce then??? **goes to find answers**
Chickens just touch their vents together. Not sure about other species. But ducks have a penis which could really hurt or even kill a chicken if you don’t have enough female ducks for them.

Chickens just touch their vents together. Not sure about other species. But ducks have a penis which could really hurt or even kill a chicken if you don’t have enough female ducks for them.
I told my mom they just touch their vents and shes like that's impossible you've never seen that little thing come out while their mating?

Back
Top Bottom