Announcement BYC Recognition Medals

Pics
Do you think the powers that be might come up with a badge for the special very knowledgeable folks who helm the "what breed or gender is this." forum.

I don't mean folks like me who study at the feet of the real pros, and try to learn something. There's a 50-50 chance of being right in deciding cockerel or pullet, for anyone.

My thoughts are the ones who really know the breeds, even as young chicks, genetics, etc. should receive some badges. Off hand the ones I have encountered are Gray Farms, Junebuggena, Pyxis, Jed Jackson, Alexandra, Brahma 500, Sourland, -Oldhenlikesdogs,
OlGreyMare, I'm sure I am missing many. These folks work(and it is work) daily to sort out breeds/genders for so very many people.

Their sharp eyes and minds come into play - so many breeds are similar in ways. They know the leg color, comb types, color/feather requirements. And also offer up good advice: not to breed frizzles to frizzles or you can end up with frazzles, who can be practically bald, or just have very brittle feathers that break off. And so much more.

See what I am learning? I can't imagine what title their badge would be but, they seem to go unnoticed by many. People often ask about breed/gender on the New members intro thread and I tell them also to check, "what breed or gender is this."

Thank you for any consideration .
You could have a :
Learners Badge
Teachers /Educator Badge
Helpers Badge
Is this what you mean for suggestions on new badges:idunno

Back
Top Bottom