BYC sewers thread.

I have made roughly 160 of this mask design.
Instead of elastic ear loops I made narrow bias tape. One piece 42" long is enough to fit most heads. If anyone wants me to post a pic of how the mask tie is looped I can take a picture.

I have made so many I forgot in the video the elastic is sewn in. I extended the sides by 1" each allowing for a folded over tie channel.

Last edited:
Instead of elastic ear loops I made narrow bias tape. One piece 42" long is enough to fit most heads. If anyone wants me to post a pic of how the mask tie is looped I can take a picture.
160 masks! thats great, I just sew them by hand so I've only made a few.
here the one I most recently made:
1604759283117.jpeg

1604759320967.jpeg

I did not follow any pattern. yes, it is kinda weird how it makes your face look triangular, but it really does filter the breath. It also never gets so wet that you can't breath, wich is useful espisally if you have to wear it outside on colder days (like I do). its made of cashmere.
alright it is too sunny to keep talking, gonna go out side now.

I have made so many I forgot in the video the elastic is sewn in. I extended the sides by 1" each allowing for a folded over tie channel.
I really like that shape, I have a new pattern I have been wanting to try, but can't seem to get around to. I have only made about 10 masks for myself and family, but my work has made thousands. I wear glasses and have asthma so the pleated kind we made at work made me crazy!

I really like that shape, I have a new pattern I have been wanting to try, but can't seem to get around to. I have only made about 10 masks for myself and family, but my work has made thousands. I wear glasses and have asthma so the pleated kind we made at work made me crazy!

The fabric pleated ones are horribly bulky to sew and always seem to end up against the mouth/in the mouth. I found them very unpleasant.
I have made different sizes of that type in the video. It helps get a good fit to measure from the tip of the nose to the chin and adjust the pattern. The distance between the V at the top and the 2 notches at the bottom should match the face measurement (add a bit to allow for the seams). I have made most without the inner filter pocket. They were easier to breathe while wearing and I couldn't find a proper filter material anyway.

Even my doctor commented on how well they fit.

I know this is an older thread but wanted to share anyway, maybe get it going again. I really like to sew but don’t do that much of it. When I get motivated I like to create designs and sew em up. Recently a friend gave me a beautiful screen. I put it in a bedroom behind the bed. I decided I wanted a bedding ensemble to go with it. I had the fabrics, most of which we’re given to me over the years. The accent fabric was given to me by my daughter. She brought it to me from a trip she took to Sri Lanka. So I made a duvet cover, a bed skirt and three pillows. It was fun and now many mornings I have my tea in this bed, it’s so cozy especially on cold foggy mornings.
4FF85F0C-E103-4746-94AF-84B13E04F685.jpeg
693641DD-DA05-4DE6-8E37-F132F5AD9073.jpeg
FC652A03-6E2C-4733-A8EE-2106695CCDF6.jpeg

I know this is an older thread but wanted to share anyway, maybe get it going again. I really like to sew but don’t do that much of it. When I get motivated I like to create designs and sew em up. Recently a friend gave me a beautiful screen. I put it in a bedroom behind the bed. I decided I wanted a bedding ensemble to go with it. I had the fabrics, most of which we’re given to me over the years. The accent fabric was given to me by my daughter. She brought it to me from a trip she took to Sri Lanka. So I made a duvet cover, a bed skirt and three pillows. It was fun and now many mornings I have my tea in this bed, it’s so cozy especially on cold foggy mornings.View attachment 2632234View attachment 2632235View attachment 2632236
Absolutely stunning!

Back
Top Bottom