BYC SEWING/QUILTING CLUB

Quote:
Thanks! I saw that watermellon one at a quilt show and just had to replicate it. It's really simple, just a log cabin in red, green, and white. I cut out and blanket stitched on the seeds. I believe I used 2 1/2" strips. The third one is a pattern out of The Quilter magazine. It was done in the exact fabrics, and I searched high and low to find them.

I have a drawer full of quilt tops that need quilted. It seems I keep starting new things, and not finishing them all up. Right now I am crazy busy making quilted projects for Christmas.

I'd say it was worth it!
big_smile.png
I love how those fabrics go with one another
smile.png
Thanks for the info also
smile.png

Hi, I am a seamtress by trade and enjoy sewing, ..I have fabric by the tons and I was given a 25 by 25 room of fabric and doll stuff from a friend whose mom passed away that was a dollmaker..boy do I have some stuff!!..so I got real nice fabrics to make stuff from...even a large piece of red leather that I don't have a clue what to do with??...lol...
Right now I am fixing to do a wallhanging quilt for my 3 year grandson that like the movie called Cars..so now I have to make something with that theme since his mom can't find anything.I will post pics of it when my grandson-Mikey and I get it together..he will have hands on this project since he will tell me how he wants it..lol...
I have quilted with my grandma and have about 10 of the quilts she has done. I also have her quilting frame that can hang in my sewing room that we worked on from the ceiling...lol..this thing is huge and got pegs to roll the quilt as you go...have to replace the chains since it was held up by hemp rope last time she had it out..that was nearly 30 years ago..lol..
I am looking forward to any swaps!!
I am located way down here in the southeast corner of Texas where Hurricane IKE got me...lol...
Nadine

Well, I don't quilt, but can I share with you some of my sewing projects? I make most of my work clothes, and also contribute to a a blog called The Sewing Divas

This is a reversible Asian style jacket

2344017012_2d73c8b7f2.jpg

2344017010_1c9ae79010.jpg

Another jacket using authentic Chanel couture techniques

2285462143_0bc7e09c6a.jpg

And the holiday dress I made for my company party last year:

2111151488_fbd49ecbea.jpg

smile.png

Phyllis

I'm in. I quilt, sew, counted cross stitch, knit and crochet. Well not so much the last two anymore. Aurther got me as well as nerve damage.

I just put an order in on a new used sew machine. I put it on layaway, I have 8 months to pay and to tell ya how bad it is let's just say that used it is over $3000.00. It's a Viking SE. New they are like close to $9000.

Man I am bad.

I am a quilt topper too LOL. To funny.

Sara, I just love that watrmelon quilt! I want one!

SewingDiva - I think you know I love you already. LOL

I have been sewing since I was old enough to have a scrap of cloth and a needle as a tiny child under age 5.

I once made all of my girls nice clothes and dresses. All of my babies had handmade layettes.

Many years ago I made everyone who had a new baby in our church a christening gown - french seams and hand made lace.

I LOVE to sew. I get that from my grandmother.

I also have to be in a mood to sew. If I am really not in the mood my items end up showing it. I hate to be on a deadline for handmade goods.

Very few people are willing to pay what a hand made item is worth.

Angie~ Seriously it's the easiest quilt to make! It takes no time at all. The longest part is putting the seeds on. My sister and I made them at the same time. I should get a picture of hers, she used a little bit darker fabric.

Sewing Diva~ Love your work. I haven't made a clothing item in forever.

Back
Top Bottom