BYC Spring 2009 Quilt Block Swap Signups CLOSED BLOCKS IN MAIL 4/17

Quote:
Thanks for the offer to send me some but I have spent my budget on fabric more than 3 x's over LOL. So I am holding back for now. But thanks again for offering.

Oh, whew! I am going to make all the same block too, then. I agree that it will help to get into a rhythm making the same block.

Who knows, maybe by the time I get to that last block I might have a decent one!
ya.gif

Zookeeper-The name of the fabric is "Summer Journal" by Sharlene Jorgenson for BENARTEX (www.benartex.com)

I am sure you could find it online if/when you ever wanted to.

This is going to be a sewing weekend for me!

Quote:
Absolutely it's fine for her to join!!! Just let me know for sure if she wants to join us or not.

I already ask her and she said yes. Is there anything you need to know? I emailed her the first post so she knows what she needs to do.

Quote:
Absolutely it's fine for her to join!!! Just let me know for sure if she wants to join us or not.

I already ask her and she said yes. Is there anything you need to know? I emailed her the first post so she knows what she needs to do.

Hooray!!! Another one!
wee.gif

Quote:

I've added her to the list. We just might make 20!!!

Just be sure, when I email my address out, to let Carla know so she knows where to send her blocks. OR you could ship them together and split the postage...might be a little less.

Quote:

I've added her to the list. We just might make 20!!!

Just be sure, when I email my address out, to let Carla know so she knows where to send her blocks. OR you could ship them together and split the postage...might be a little less.

Now thats a good idea. But we will put 2 bags in to be returned. I don't want to wait for mine and I'm sure she wouldn't want to wait a day for hers. LOL

I am wondering, is everyone making the same block pattern for each person?

Well I would say mine are all identifiable as belonging to the same "group" but not all identical. I ran out of one of the fabrics, actually three of them but was only able to replace two exact ones so you can tell all of them came from me but some are pieced differently. If no one else joins I am done, lol!! If they do, they will really have some creative blocks as the fabric piecing will get more interesting, lol! All of mine have the eggs and chicken wire fabric but the chicken material is different in some. I think the lesson I learned is that it would have been smarter and easier to wait until the final number was up and then pick a pattern that would fit the amount of fabric I had and cut all of it at once...live and learn!
wink.png

Hey..how come Carla doesn't just join the site and post on the thread herself? We have so many non-chicken owners on the site now that no one worries about that anymore..have her join so she can interact with us...anyone else in the swap too that isn't a BYC member shoudl join, it's free and the commaradarie in the making of the blocks would be alot more fun for them and us
smile.png

Quote:
Well I would say mine are all identifiable as belonging to the same "group" but not all identical. I ran out of one of the fabrics, actually three of them but was only able to replace two exact ones so you can tell all of them came from me but some are pieced differently. If no one else joins I am done, lol!! If they do, they will really have some creative blocks as the fabric piecing will get more interesting, lol! All of mine have the eggs and chicken wire fabric but the chicken material is different in some. I think the lesson I learned is that it would have been smarter and easier to wait until the final number was up and then pick a pattern that would fit the amount of fabric I had and cut all of it at once...live and learn!
wink.png

Hey..how come Carla doesn't just join the site and post on the thread herself? We have so many non-chicken owners on the site now that no one worries about that anymore..have her join so she can interact with us...anyone else in the swap too that isn't a BYC member shoudl join, it's free and the commaradarie in the making of the blocks would be alot more fun for them and us
smile.png

ep.gif
YOUR DONE???? I haven't even started.
gig.gif
I will go on Monday to get the fabrices. I'll let Carla know how to get on here.

Back
Top Bottom