Announcement BYC Updated - Post Questions, Concerns, Issues, & Praise Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a new feature that allows you to quickly and easily edit links you embed as words in your post. You can make the link a clickable word or phrase instead of just pasting it in (which was always possible, but you couldn't edit it as easily as you can now).

So basically this:

Click for article

Versus having to paste it in like this:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/the-beginners-guide-to-incubation.73350/
And the new feature makes it so I can edit the words of the link very easily.

Ah. Thank you, Sinsei.

I'm sad that the smilies are so hard to get to. Sometimes I click on them and nothing happens. I click on them again and they may or may not appear. When I click on the one I want, it may not appear where I want it in my text. It's no longer smooth and intuitive. I hardly ever use it any more. It's just :( and then I have to click out of the icons, get back into my text and turn them back on if I want to use another one. Which, like right now, it won't let me. I'm so bummed. Sigh. Insert crying icon here.
Yes, the smilie window isn't all that great. But you can do this, start with a colon : and then start to type out the smilie description and the smilie pops up! This makes using them so much easier!!

Here are all of the keyboard codes:
Remove space between colon(s) to use code.
:) = : )
:( = : (
:D = : D
;) = : ;
:p = : p
:lol: = : lol :
:rolleyes: = : rolleyes :
:cool: = : cool :
:hmm = : hmm
:lau = : lau
:hugs = : hugs
:fl = : fl
:frow = : frow
:barnie = : barnie
:he = : he
:th = : th
:drool = : drool
:celebrate = : celebrate
:eek: = : eek
:bow = : bow
:love = : love
:pop = : pop
:wee = : wee
:caf = : caf
:confused: = : confused
:old = : old
:clap = : clap
:duc = : duc
:hit = : hit
:ya = : ya
:oops: = : hide
:smack = : smack
:woot = : woot
:mad: = : mad
:tongue = : tongue
:thumbsup = : thumbsup
:plbb = : plbb
:sick = : sick
:yuckyuck = : yuckyuck
:jumpy = : jumpy
:bun = : bun
:welcome = : welcome
:goodpost:= : goodpost :
:highfive: = : highfive :
:yesss: = : yesss :
:gig = : gig
:rant = : rant
:idunno = : idunno

I'm sad that the smilies are so hard to get to. Sometimes I click on them and nothing happens. I click on them again and they may or may not appear. When I click on the one I want, it may not appear where I want it in my text. It's no longer smooth and intuitive. I hardly ever use it any more. It's just :( and then I have to click out of the icons, get back into my text and turn them back on if I want to use another one. Which, like right now, it won't let me. I'm so bummed. Sigh. Insert crying icon here.
Clear your browser history AND reboot.

Something I am finding annoying...
When I use bold, italics, underline, it used to be highlighted above and now it is not,
so its hard to tell if it's 'on or off'.
Can this be fixed?

View attachment 2009777
I checked, and you're correct that it used to highlight if it was on. I think this new editor doesn't support that, but we can check. @CarpCharacin do you know?

I checked, and you're correct that it used to highlight if it was on. I think this new editor doesn't support that, but we can check. @CarpCharacin do you know?
It appears to be a styling thing, as it's still highlighted on the XF site.
Screenshot_20200124-124749.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom