Announcement BYC Updated - Post Questions, Concerns, Issues, & Praise Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
The people who developed the old interface no longer support it. It's a racket. Basically - buy our software, base your business on it, then - OOPS! - we're not supporting it anymore; buy our new upgrade, or tough luck. That's why Microsoft is a multi-billion dollar company.
The old version of the software was also built with older web technologies that were harder to support / maintain. The new version is vastly superior to the old from a technical point of view.

(BTW, pretty crazy what the brain / mind starts doing when you haven't slept for 24 hours!)

;)

Thanks to all those providing helpful and friendly feedback! It's hard to please all the people all the time... it's even harder when there are millions of you all! ;)

There are definitely some things we are changing and willing to change, so please keep the helpful, detailed, and friendly feedback coming!

Show me one example anywhere in the entire world where initiating a page refresh takes you to the beggining of the page, rather the point from which you were reading. Even if you can, those are in the EXTREME minority. Trust me, I've been doing this since before the internet began.
Can you show the specific URLs and screen shots of what you are suggesting is happening below:
1) the page does not refresh beginning with the last post read (it reverts to the post from which the refresh was initiated), and

Because you've lost me now. None of the URLS or how they work or are interacted with change from XF1 to XF2 in the core software.

Maybe brought up already but I do miss the "Years of Service" badges. I know years don't = knowledge, but it's good to see people who have supported the community so long. It added a degree of perpetual-ism to me seeing the history like that. Now everyone just looks "new".
The year banners have been reconfigured, we just need to rebuild them, we'll probably do it tonight, when the site is less active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom