Announcement BYC Updated - Post Questions, Concerns, Issues, & Praise Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A list of people who are following me
https://www.backyardchickens.com/members/wannabehillbilly.524071/#about
Screenshot_2020-02-16-03-09-40.png

@casportpony and @R2elk Thank you very much for your answers!
I was actually staring at the right places without seeing what i was searching for. I'm more of a "text" than "visual" person, in those »icon-deserts« of the new forum software i get lost all the time. Take the "Media Album Page" for example:
1581875975853.png
It would be so much better to have the text-overlay permanently on all album graphics. I might create my own icons, upload them into an album and set them fixed as "album picture".
And while we are speaking of usability of the new software:
I usually upload new pictures into a special album, called "inbox" where i look at the images, decide which to keep and which to dismiss, rotate and crop and then finally move the images to the correct album.
While moving images from inbox into one of my existing albums i encountered this:
1581876490033.png

I should do what? Enter an album-URL? Are you kidding?!? 🤯
Now i know what an album-URL is, where i can find it and how to copy and paste that into this field, but i also work with computers for a living!
I seriously doubt that there are many BYC members who would be willing or even able to do that.
At least entering the Name instead of the URL should be possible, a select-menu of the existing albums is current state of technology…
That's a serious step back with the new software.

@casportpony and @R2elk Thank you very much for your answers!
I was actually staring at the right places without seeing what i was searching for. I'm more of a "text" than "visual" person, in those »icon-deserts« of the new forum software i get lost all the time. Take the "Media Album Page" for example:
View attachment 2027690It would be so much better to have the text-overlay permanently on all album graphics. I might create my own icons, upload them into an album and set them fixed as "album picture".
And while we are speaking of usability of the new software:
I usually upload new pictures into a special album, called "inbox" where i look at the images, decide which to keep and which to dismiss, rotate and crop and then finally move the images to the correct album.
While moving images from inbox into one of my existing albums i encountered this:
View attachment 2027705
I should do what? Enter an album-URL? Are you kidding?!? 🤯
Now i know what an album-URL is, where i can find it and how to copy and paste that into this field, but i also work with computers for a living!
I seriously doubt that there are many BYC members who would be willing or even able to do that.
At least entering the Name instead of the URL should be possible, a select-menu of the existing albums is current state of technology…
That's a serious step back with the new software.
There is room for lots of improvement in how albums and the photos in them are currently handled. I used to be able to open an album and the images, among other things would show how many views they each had. Now if I want to see how many views an image has had, I have to open the individual image and scroll to the bottom of the page before I can find out how many views the image has had.

There is room for lots of improvement in how albums and the photos in them are currently handled. I used to be able to open an album and the images, among other things would show how many views they each had. Now if I want to see how many views an image has had, I have to open the individual image and scroll to the bottom of the page before I can find out how many views the image has had.
That is a bold understatement!!!
Just created this image for my inbox-album:
1581878428494.png

Uploaded the file into the album and…
Where the heck is the menu item to set this as the "album-picture"???
@Nifty-Chicken - in regards of managing uploaded media and organizing those into albums, the new software is not worth a dime! It is terrible!

I never used an album, never! And goodness knows I’ve posted a gabillion photos over the years. I looked after this came up, and there a couple of photos in there from my very first few times here. How I did it, I don’t know. If I even did it or was ”helped” by the accidental clicking of something I didn’t even recognize, I don’t know. But I do know that aside from a few shots of my daughter’s house ducks, and maybe another one I can’t recall now, I don’t even know what to do with an album, nor have I ever even through all the platform changes and updates.

Not a dealbreaker for me. Don’t miss what I don’t know!

I never used an album, never! And goodness knows I’ve posted a gabillion photos over the years. I looked after this came up, and there a couple of photos in there from my very first few times here. How I did it, I don’t know. If I even did it or was ”helped” by the accidental clicking of something I didn’t even recognize, I don’t know. But I do know that aside from a few shots of my daughter’s house ducks, and maybe another one I can’t recall now, I don’t even know what to do with an album, nor have I ever even through all the platform changes and updates.

Not a dealbreaker for me. Don’t miss what I don’t know!
Lucky you! - I have uploaded almost 1,000 pictures and videos and without organizing them into albums i would not be able to find one when i need it.
Albums have saved me so much time that i otherwise would have wasted with uploading the same pictures over and over again… And the way the new software has implemented album "organization" is just very user unfriendly. As said: I can deal with that, somehow, as a computer-nerd, but with you answer you just have proven my point: Software make things easier for non computer-experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom