Announcement BYC Updated - Post Questions, Concerns, Issues, & Praise Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
By color schemes, I mean font colors too. I do not understand what the fascination is with using brown for the fonts. I don't remember any complaints about the font colors previously but there were complaints this time until we were told that the font colors weren't going to get changed back. I cannot see any good reason for those changes.
As I said before, it isn't feasible for us to try to replicate every detail that the old site had. I personally prefer the brown fonts, I think it makes things feel "warmer", but once again, that is preference, and therefore not everyone can be pleased.
You provide a comparison of only a single page and use that as a phony claim that things are very similar. The member page is so different that it isn't funny. A good instance of a nonsensical title is "About" on the member page. As one member said ""about" is a preposition and it requires a word to refer to in order to make any sense and to be useful in communication. Sticking the word "about" somewhere all by itself means absolutely nothing.". About gives no sense of what one would expect that is hidden under that title especially when everything that has been hidden under that title are items that used to be plainly visible on the member page.
If you compare the other pages, there are a lot of similarities, I mean just look at the other screenshots that were posted after I made my post.

I'm sorry that you find the phrasing to be "Nonsensical", but it should be easily inferable that the "About" tab is in reference to the member whose profile you are viewing. It used to be titled as "Information", and it has the same contents as it did before. The updated structure of profile pages is superior to the previous structure, as it makes the primary information about the member more visible near the top of the profile page, and it looks less cluttered, even when there are a lot of profile tabs.
The change in product from Huddler was supposed to be a much bigger and more difficult change but was accomplished without all the great number of changes that occurred this time.
The version of the software that we are on now has much, much more in common with the old version than the old version had with Huddler, and that is self-evident. All of the major features of the site, like threads, conversations, alerts, search, etc. all have much more in common with the XF 1.5 version of the site than what the XF 1.5 version of the site had with Huddler.
That you think it is just a few members complaining shows just how out of touch you are. I see complaints all the time on almost every thread especially from members trying to find something that they used to know where it was. Sometimes they can be pointed to the new location but other times they have to be informed that feature no longer exists. Those don't typically show up here in this thread but they still happen every day.
I'm sorry that you feel that there are complaints about the site on "almost every thread". I haven't observed complaints on most threads, and neither have the other members who I know here. If I simply go to new posts, or click on any section of the site and open up some threads, the vast majority of them don't contain complaints about the site, but people do tend to associate more with others who hold similar views, forming "echo chambers", so that could be a possible explanation as to why you are encountering an unusually high concentration of complaints about the site.

Ahh but the politics on fb I am not there .... I simply put the page 110 percent
easy to see they want to be like that other page still hate the reacted crap
my computer is at 125%,

can't do that on my smartphone, because it's dumb ;)

but computer internet service is usually so slow I can't load pictures.

As I said before, it isn't feasible for us to try to replicate every detail that the old site had. I personally prefer the brown fonts, I think it makes things feel "warmer", but once again, that is preference, and therefore not everyone can be pleased.
You make my point for me. There was nothing wrong with the previous font colors and no reason to change them except that you like brown. It had nothing to do with the security of the site.
The updated structure of profile pages is superior to the previous structure, as it makes the primary information about the member more visible near the top of the profile page, and it looks less cluttered, even when there are a lot of profile tabs
This is your opinion. It was preferable to see all the information that was previously displayed instead of trying to figure out where all that information disappeared to.
The version of the software that we are on now has much, much more in common with the old version than the old version had with Huddler, and that is self-evident. All of the major features of the site, like threads, conversations, alerts, search, etc. all have much more in common with the XF 1.5 version of the site than what the XF 1.5 version of the site had with Huddler.
Exactly which is why the amazement at how much was changed. It was pointed out earlier that the slight difference in shades being used for alerts makes it quite difficult to distinguish between new alerts and old alerts. Albums and images are also major features but the way the albums were handled this time is terrible.
I'm sorry that you feel that there are complaints about the site on "almost every thread". I haven't observed complaints on most threads, and neither have the other members who I know here. If I simply go to new posts, or click on any section of the site and open up some threads, the vast majority of them don't contain complaints about the site, but people do tend to associate more with others who hold similar views, forming "echo chambers", so that could be a possible explanation as to why you are encountering an unusually high concentration of complaints about the site.
The complaint load has slowed down simply because people do not see anything being done about their complaints. You obviously missed the loads of complaints that I saw since I never once saw you show up in those threads.

You make my point for me. There was nothing wrong with the previous font colors and no reason to change them except that you like brown. It had nothing to do with the security of the site.

This is your opinion. It was preferable to see all the information that was previously displayed instead of trying to figure out where all that information disappeared to.

Exactly which is why the amazement at how much was changed. It was pointed out earlier that the slight difference in shades being used for alerts makes it quite difficult to distinguish between new alerts and old alerts. Albums and images are also major features but the way the albums were handled this time is terrible.

The complaint load has slowed down simply because people do not see anything being done about their complaints. You obviously missed the loads of complaints that I saw since I never once saw you show up in those threads.
We appreciate feedback regarding ways to improve the site, but with that said, we can't implement every suggestion, and we have observed that most people are able to get used to the smaller details of the site after an upgrade, like font color. I hope with time you will be able to find the current version of the site more bearable. All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom