Announcement BYC Updated - Post Questions, Concerns, Issues, & Praise Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well put it this way many have years here if at close to 5 myself we are older than many here
what else might we be doing

I just have a couple of questions. First, every time I try to visit, I get this when I come in:
C58F7D45-B01E-4423-BEA0-8BF989A6BBE0.png

I get this on my iPhone X and my iPad Pro. I’m using Safari. I do not use the BYC app....I never have. Instead I initially used my browser to get to BYC, then added it to my home screen so a simple click on that icon and I’m here. As soon as I click the reload button, the site comes up perfectly.

Second, as I’ve said before, I was off the site for almost 6 months and this new format (or whatever the techno name is), was a bit of a surprise. Using the same process as I’ve outlined above, I used to click on the button on my home screen, and right there under the banner was a series of options, “Watched Threads, Watched Forums, New Posts” and others I can’t remember now. But now when I come in, I have a series of clicks I have to make, once I get past the “security error” thingy. This is what I see when I get here:
6BAFF1B8-7D3C-4EAA-85CA-721ACF3A44A8.png

So I have to click on “alerts” and pick one, even if I’ve already read them all:

4F76D624-842D-4294-9E12-5956ECA0B098.png

That takes me to the posts on the selected thread, and only then does “Watched” come up. After that I can use the ”Watched“ tab as I used to do.

DB9FD4CA-D952-401F-A4EE-B9AB0D9BBA4D.png

So is there something I’m missing that allows the “watched” tab to come up when I come in, or do I have to play Musical Buttons every time just to get to where I’m going? And what is that annoying Security, Reload message?

I just have a couple of questions. First, every time I try to visit, I get this when I come in:
View attachment 2031226
I get this on my iPhone X and my iPad Pro. I’m using Safari. I do not use the BYC app....I never have. Instead I initially used my browser to get to BYC, then added it to my home screen so a simple click on that icon and I’m here. As soon as I click the reload button, the site comes up perfectly.

Second, as I’ve said before, I was off the site for almost 6 months and this new format (or whatever the techno name is), was a bit of a surprise. Using the same process as I’ve outlined above, I used to click on the button on my home screen, and right there under the banner was a series of options, “Watched Threads, Watched Forums, New Posts” and others I can’t remember now. But now when I come in, I have a series of clicks I have to make, once I get past the “security error” thingy. This is what I see when I get here:
View attachment 2031238
So I have to click on “alerts” and pick one, even if I’ve already read them all:

View attachment 2031242

That takes me to the posts on the selected thread, and only then does “Watched” come up. After that I can use the ”Watched“ tab as I used to do.

View attachment 2031245

So is there something I’m missing that allows the “watched” tab to come up when I come in, or do I have to play Musical Buttons every time just to get to where I’m going? And what is that annoying Security, Reload message?
I may be able to help with this one.

The watched threads is still where it was (forums -> watched threads), but it no longer works like it did where it showed all of the unread ones on the page and then you could click to see all if you wanted to see the ones you had already read. The workaround I use is "What's New" -> "New Posts" -> add the filters show only unread and show only watched. Make sure you click on Save As Default and that way in the future, you only need to click the little down button next to what's new, then new posts on the dropdown and it will show you your unread watched threads like it used to.

As for the error message, sometimes that happens when a site updates, try removing your bookmark or icon and re-doing it. That should make it stop showing the error message. What it is likely doing is linking to the old site, sending an error, then when you hit refresh it bounces you to the correct version.

Second, as I’ve said before, I was off the site for almost 6 months and this new format (or whatever the techno name is), was a bit of a surprise. Using the same process as I’ve outlined above, I used to click on the button on my home screen, and right there under the banner was a series of options, “Watched Threads, Watched Forums, New Posts” and others I can’t remember now.
Watched threads:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/watched/threadsWatched Forums:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/watched/forums
watched threads and forums_1.png

Or this
forum display_1.png
forum display_2.png

Last edited:
No, just normal threads.
I don't think staff looks thru all threads for unhappy people,
they need to post here with specific problems.
There's a lot of things I don't like about the new format, most is stuff that can't be changed, a lot is stuff I just have to reset my habits to accommodate.

The complaint load has slowed down simply because people do not see anything being done about their complaints. You obviously missed the loads of complaints that I saw since I never once saw you show up in those threads.
We would need an army of Moderators to read through every post and every thread to find rule breakers and posts that don't speak our healthy BYC tone. We rely heavily on all of you to report posts or threads that don't fit with our policies.

We would need an army of Moderators to read through every post and every thread to find rule breakers and posts that don't speak our healthy BYC tone. We rely heavily on all of you to report posts or threads that don't fit with our policies.
That post had nothing to do with rule breakers and was not implying that the Moderators should be reading every post. It was about people who are not happy with the new changes and a claim being made that essentially those posts don't exist because the other poster hasn't seen them..

That post had nothing to do with rule breakers and was not implying that the Moderators should be reading every post. It was about people who are not happy with the new changes and a claim being made that essentially those posts don't exist because the other poster hasn't seen them..
Sorry, I misunderstood.

But now it's out there for others to read. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom