BYC Veggie Poll

Which of These Veggies Will You Eat?

• Total voters
Yes, I was referring to pickled cucumbers. When you say "pickle" the first thing that comes to mind is a pickled cucumber. Am I wrong?
No cause that’s what I think of too. I think “pickles” is pickled cucumber. You can pickle other stuff but you don’t call them pickles usually. You say pickled whatever it is.

But it completely changes the taste, (sometimes) texture, smell, etc. Some people like pickles but not cucumbers, and vice versa.
Some people like raw broccoli but not cooked broccoli, or fried potatoes but not mashed potatoes, or tomates in spaghetti sauce but not raw tomatoes, and we do not make a separate entry on the list for different forms of those. The texture, flavor, and smell of anything can change a lot when we prepare it in different ways.

But it completely changes the taste, (sometimes) texture, smell, etc. Some people like pickles but not cucumbers, and vice versa.
But pickles are still technically cucumbers. Post doesn’t specify the vegetables need to be raw so you can prepare them in any way you like and/or assume they include pickles in that.
Some people like raw broccoli but not cooked broccoli, or fried potatoes but not mashed potatoes, or tomates in spaghetti sauce but not raw tomatoes, and we do not make a separate entry on the list for different forms of those. The texture, flavor, and smell of anything can change a lot when we prepare it in different ways.
I used to HATE raw broccoli but now I love it lol but only dunked in ranch 🤣 kale is still nasty raw and I still prefer broccoli cooked. But cooked I’ll eat it or in a smoothie. Though it has to be cooked a certain way. Like I love it steamed but if it’s over cooked or the frozen crap then it’s gross.

But pickles are still technically cucumbers. Post doesn’t specify the vegetables need to be raw so you can prepare them in any way you like and/or assume they include pickles in that.

I used to HATE raw broccoli but now I love it lol but only dunked in ranch 🤣 kale is still nasty raw and I still prefer broccoli cooked. But cooked I’ll eat it or in a smoothie. Though it has to be cooked a certain way. Like I love it steamed but if it’s over cooked or the frozen crap then it’s gross.
I’ll eat raw kale massaged in olive oil with strawberries, candied nuts & goat cheese w honey dressing…heavenly! (But the only way I’ll eat it raw 😂)

I so wish there was a :sick reaction. I've had all of these except turnip and eggplant. Some are really good, like potatoes and corn, and some are disgusting, like mushrooms, squash, and asparagus.

Back
Top Bottom