BYC's 13th Annual New Year's Day Hatch-Along - 2022

Pics
Eggs in the incubater!
easter eggs spring GIF by SWR Kindernetz

Looks like I won't be able to participate, still waiting on my egg order shipping notification. I put lights on my quail after they finished moulting about a week and a half ago, but they're not laying. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll start today or tomorrow 😆 Probably not though.
I hope the quail get going for you!

I'm one of "those" people - the ones who can't help but candle daily. 😅 Too soon to tell on this batch of eggs, though I'm pretty sure most of the green ones are developing and suspicious that the eggs from my LCN are not. I can usually see enough to feel confident about discarding eggs by day 5 or so. I'm a bit concerned that the green eggs are quite porous; nothing to do at this point than to wait and see. :confused:

I'm one of "those" people - the ones who can't help but candle daily. 😅 Too soon to tell on this batch of eggs, though I'm pretty sure most of the green ones are developing and suspicious that the eggs from my LCN are not. I can usually see enough to feel confident about discarding eggs by day 5 or so. I'm a bit concerned that the green eggs are quite porous; nothing to do at this point than to wait and see. :confused:
porous says watch air cell growth and adjust humidity.

I hope you have a good hatch!

Looks like I won't be able to participate, still waiting on my egg order shipping notification. I put lights on my quail after they finished moulting about a week and a half ago, but they're not laying. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll start today or tomorrow 😆 Probably not though.
There’s a bit of leeway in the HAL to accommodate shipping delays and hatching delays so don’t give up yet!!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom