BYC's 14th Annual New Year's Day Hatch-Along - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
does anyone remove any obvious clears on day 4? I have a few extra eggs than what my incubator can hold (I did it over the spring as well and a couple others I know have done it). But I would like to eliminate clears as early as I can to get them all fitting how they should.

I know most wait till days 7-10 to remove them. I have found that if they are really really clear with bright sun like yolks when I candle around day 4 that they stay like that. If the yolk looks darker then there is a chance I may see something later. But haven't taken them out till later. Was wondering what others do?

does anyone remove any obvious clears on day 4? I have a few extra eggs than what my incubator can hold (I did it over the spring as well and a couple others I know have done it). But I would like to eliminate clears as early as I can to get them all fitting how they should.

I know most wait till days 7-10 to remove them. I have found that if they are really really clear with bright sun like yolks when I candle around day 4 that they stay like that. If the yolk looks darker then there is a chance I may see something later. But haven't taken them out till later. Was wondering what others do?
I took one out when that happened to me. Cracked it to make sure. Tried the next one. It was clear too. Did this and figu if I got one that wasn’t it was a sign to leave the rest. All I thought were clear I was correct on.

I took one out when that happened to me. Cracked it to make sure. Tried the next one. It was clear too. Did this and figu if I got one that wasn’t it was a sign to leave the rest. All I thought were clear I was correct on.
That is what I did over the spring/summer. But I still waited till at least day 5-7. But seems that glowing yellow yolk has meant they will never develop to me. Maybe I will remove the ones like that and see. Some eggs are a bit darker so harder to see so I will leave those for now. I used your egg carton trick to fit 32 in the NR360... Would like to get that # a bit lower tonight. Lol

Attachments

• 20221216_184748.jpg
    20221216_184748.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221216_184827.jpg
    20221216_184827.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221216_184909.jpg
    20221216_184909.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 3
I checked my eggs today. Some are on day 7 some day 3.5. There are 18 that are developing. I left 4 others since I had spaces for them. I don't think there was anything but they weren't as clear of a no so figured I would wait. Still happy with 18. The guy gave me 24 the first time but 2 looked like they may have had cracks so I didn't set those. Then he gave 8 more. So 18/32 started. His EE eggs don't seem to be fertilized for some reason since both times none have started.

If obvious, then yeah I’d remove and replace at day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom