Ended BYC's 2021 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along—Poultry Pecking Pumpkins Photo Contest

Pics

SnapdragonQ

It's coffee o'clock!
Feb 2, 2020
VA
full

What rhymes with Halloween? Pumpkins! Or maybe not - but chickens go crazy for pumpkin! Show us pictures of your poultry (chickens, waterfowl, turkeys, quail, peafowl, guinea fowl, pheasants, etc.) eating pumpkin and you could WIN!!

Photography Tips from BYC's jolenesdad
Photography Tips from BYC's mdees88

How to enter
To submit your entries, simply post your images in this thread.

Rules
  1. This contest is open to all BYC members, not just Halloween HAL participants.
  2. Poultry and pumpkins should be the star subject of the photo.
  3. Open to all domestic poultry (chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, peafowl, pheasants, guinea fowl, quail, etc.
  4. Maximum of 4 entries per member.
  5. One picture per post, please.
  6. You cannot use a photo that won an award in another BYC sponsored contest.
  7. No people allowed in the photo.
  8. The picture needs to have been taken by you.
  9. No overly-edited images—basic editing such as cropping and other subtle changes are allowed.
  10. No screenshots, no collages, and no watermarks, date stamps, text, etc. on the picture.
  11. Extra consideration for picture quality and creativity!
  12. ALL pictures MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  13. Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
  14. All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
  15. Entries will be accepted until November 5, 2021 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Prizes
If entries warrant we will have two categories, "Galliformes" and "Anseriformes "
PlacePrize
First Place$50 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 1-year PFM ($60 value) for yourself or a friend.
Second Place$30 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 6-month PFM ($35 value) for yourself or a friend.
Third Place$15 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 3-month PFM ($20 value) for yourself or a friend.
BYC Store Gift Certificates are available to winners that reside in the United States. If the winners are outside of the United States, they will be awarded the PFM.
BlackLangshanandBuffBrahma-32wksPumpkin.jpg
229A6F38-A9ED-4FAF-B5AC-65EDF41E3445.jpeg
PXL_20201015_213325912~5.jpg
From left to right, @HiEverybirdy, @mckaylaburgess, & @Sahraschweiss

full
full
full
From left to right, @CuzChickens, @Backyard Hobby, & @mrskalka

1600109088024.png

Previous Contests

If you have not yet joined us at BYC's 2021 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-a-Long, click HERE and come say hi!​

Last edited by a moderator:
I hadn't even thought about feeding my girls pumpkins I grew from my grandchildren and to make pies. I was out yesterday picking tomatoes for scrumptious BLT sandwiches with potato soup.
There was one lonely pumpkin that we hadn't harvested and I cut it open for the girls. I hope I can enter more than one picture I didn't see in the rules where I couldn't but I was so excited I had to put this in here I have several pictures but this is the best of pumpkin.
IMG_20211002_171812600.jpg

Back
Top Bottom