BYC's 2021 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the other 2 will hatch😥

The chick keeps peeping and peeping. It is warm and everything but I think it's lonely.
Should I get it more chick or should I wait till the Faverolles are due to hatch? (in around 2 days). It is breaking my heart hearing it peep all day long☹️
You might try a small mirror in with him to reflect him.

The other chicks pushed a pipped egg into an empty eggshell and killed the baby. It was the only grey one so far. I'm so disappointed
You may want to try lockdown in an egg carton, IF the eggs aren’t too big. Chicken eggs work real well. I’ve never tried ducks, although it did work with a turkey egg. Trick to the egg carton is if they pipped upside down they’d have a harder time getting out due to the egg cartons sides in the way. I just watch for that.
otherwise it keeps the others from using them as bowling pins.

You may want to try lockdown in an egg carton, IF the eggs aren’t too big. Chicken eggs work real well. I’ve never tried ducks, although it did work with a turkey egg. Trick to the egg carton is if they pipped upside down they’d have a harder time getting out due to the egg cartons sides in the way. I just watch for that.
otherwise it keeps the others from using them as bowling pins.
I never thought of that! I've got more eggs due in a few days so I'll put them in cartons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom