BYC's 2021 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
8CCD453E-2718-4476-AF08-8C6A7F321313.jpeg
20CD8915-AD5F-4285-A40C-781E28170817.jpeg
283C65CF-B5CA-43B8-82DF-6A067298154A.jpeg

👀 what already arrived yesterday :eek:
All intact, good packaging but air cells seemed a little wonky. I got the bator ready but decided to let them settle before setting. I don’t think it would be wise to wait until the 5th so I guess I’ll just have to be a bit early (no idea this shipper would be that fast) 😂

After LOTS of consideration I have come to the conclusion that I cannot hatch any eggs 😞
I do not have any space to have chicks. It’s sad because everything is perfect, I have fertile quail eggs, I have broody chickens (I would only let them hatch chicken chicks, not quail), and it’s spring here. I also gave my mother hen home to my quail, which is sad.

I’ll still stay and watch everyone else hatch their chicks :)

I found the eggs on eBay….I will add the name of the seller and update on hatch in case anyone else wants to give them a try. They had good feedback overall but with time of year etc, my expectations are not overly high.
eBay seller is kend_hold It looks like I got the last of the call duck eggs but still has silkie/showgirl eggs available

After LOTS of consideration I have come to the conclusion that I cannot hatch any eggs 😞
I do not have any space to have chicks. It’s sad because everything is perfect, I have fertile quail eggs, I have broody chickens (I would only let them hatch chicken chicks, not quail), and it’s spring here. I also gave my mother hen home to my quail, which is sad.

I’ll still stay and watch everyone else hatch their chicks :)
Everyone is welcome and you can do the contests and always plan for joining the hatch a longs for next year!!!! :D There’s NYD, Easter, and Halloween!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom