BYC's 2021 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Green house started it. Then when they only felt warm to the touch and not too hot I let chicks have them sandwiched between cardboard. It’s also helped with pasty butt.
This is a pretty cool idea! When you first mentioned it, I looked these up. Of course, the mats have to be appropriate temperature or it would sterilize the seed. That's a good way to get double the use from the mats! :clap

I’m late joining but I have eggs due to hatch on Monday. First time hatching and first time broody hen. I just couldn’t break her and I was able to get my hands on some blue partridge Brahma eggs! Plus some OE and Marans eggs and a Shetland egg as a bonus. I started with a dozen and I’m down to 9 with one that got broken and two that clearly weren’t developing . . . plus a couple more that I’m pretty sure aren’t viable. The egg pics are when I candled on day 14
Nice variety of eggs.

Halloween-Theme-Wallpaper-(15)final edit.jpg

Last edited:
So I'm in good company? :p
Yes and I have / had another egg I was thinking about. Naw I won’t. This hatch has gone toooo long. But when these 60 eggs per year hens lay you have to think hard about not hatching. I really don’t think I get 60 per year out of them.
It’s 39 degrees out this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom