BYC's 2021 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
October 13th Candling Update (set on 10th):
All 22 of the original eggs set in my NR360 are showing signs of development! Here are some pictures of a few (I didn't want to bore y'all with 22 individual pictures, but they all are at the same developing level. The darker ones are harder to see, but development is definitely present!):
20211013_081656.jpg

20211013_081803.jpg

20211013_081824.jpg

20211013_081857.jpg

I know some people wait until day 5 and/or are really strict on the days they candle, but I've been hatching for a while now and I just candle when I feel like it (except during lock down) because candling (when done correctly and carefully) does not harm the embryo. It doesn't hurt to take the lid off of the incubator, you could practically do it every day with no problem (which I don't). A broody hen will get off of her eggs for usually between 30 minutes to an hour every day and it does not harm her eggs, so it's the same thing in an incubator, as long as you know what you're doing. :p

To each his own! Whatever works for you, stick with it. 😊

I thought 45 degrees was bad. I don’t think the box would keep the eggs warm enough at 35 never tested it at that temp.
The chicks will be getting seed starter mats for extra heat soon.
Do you use seed starter mats for chicks only?
Or is this something you have on hand for greenhousery?

Kind of funny 🤭 I also live on a cattle ranch. 😉

Before I was born there was one guinea that thought he was a bull, and would spend all day with the bulls following them around. If they started fighting he would get on top of their heads and peck them. :lau

I hear stories about this all the time. 🤣 I think we have one picture of him with them but I don't know where it is. 😂
That sounds like quite the guinea!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom