BYC's 2021 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Aww they are so cute! 😍😍😍 they look like chicken chicks. I expected them to look different 🤣

I hatched some chicks today too-
IMG_4345.JPG

I know you are not asking me, but I use a flashlight. Candle in pure darkness for best results. Even a small light lamp will cause issues when candling.
Yep! complete darkness helps! .. I put some under my jacket (not completely dark) at the coop, the suspected yolkers I took to the house and candled again in complete darkness to double check then cracked them, all 6 out of 12 yolkers. I left the others under Puff, I still couldn't tell those ones properly, it's only 3 nights.

Yep! complete darkness helps! .. I put some under my jacket (not completely dark) at the coop, the suspected yolkers I took to the house and candled again in complete darkness to double check then cracked them, all 6 out of 12 yolkers. I left the others under Puff, I still couldn't tell those ones properly, it's only 3 nights.
So here is a more detailed way on how I candle, just my preference.

1.) Tools: flashlight and hand.
2.) Process: Candle in PURE darkness, surround the egg with your index and thumb.
3.) Below are photos of my candling and how to hold the egg. Candle/flashlight goes on the bottom. I always candle with the egg turned on the side. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• B8CC5C8C-37C5-4E10-AA1E-7B90FD05D0BA.jpeg
    B8CC5C8C-37C5-4E10-AA1E-7B90FD05D0BA.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 2
  • E80FAEBF-2410-4AA1-A9FA-71863D871629.jpeg
    E80FAEBF-2410-4AA1-A9FA-71863D871629.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom