CACKLE HATCHERY A BIG NO-NO!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
We'll talk more about this on Sunday. I didn't know how bad it was. Did they refund
you for the Cornish X's you ordered?

Not that I know of, I'll have to ask my mom to check her debit card statement. But they DID take the money out right after I ordered them, including shipping. And then changed the shipment date without my knowledge. If I hadn't emailed them, we would have never known.

If not then your mom needs to dispute the charge with her CC company. She'll
get the money back that way.

WOW.

Cackle really is a big no no.

love.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
love.gif
jumpy.gif
YAY WE GOT THE GIRLS!!!!! ALL SAFE AND SOUND AND CUTE AS CAN BE!!!!!! I received the call this morning ( 6:30) from my post office..... there was a worker there begging me not to feed them to some reptile or send them to Cambridge to use them for experiments. Of course I would never ever do such a thing! She had peeked in the box and had fallen in love! How could she not?!

The girls were peeping and ready to get out of that darn box. Right away they began eating and drinking. One of the Araucanas ran around in circles which kind of made me nervous but she settled down. We did put a wee bit of sugar in the heated water to give them a boost.

Despite all I have to say they appear very healthy and content now that they have food and water. All were alive which really surprised us.

On one of the girls there is a green mark on her head. It looks like a marker. I have never seen anything like it. I have not yet called the hatchery but I will ask why they marked her... if they did at all.

They are all in my office providing a wonderful ambience for me to work in.

Thank you everyone for your concern and suggestions.

Tom n Fran
thumbsup.gif

GREAT!!!! Whew... Glad they are at a good home.
smile.png

That was very cool of the postal worker to call you and be so concerned.
The Post Office gets a lot of cr*p but my dealings with the people at the
hubs and offices has been great. There is a branch near my job I mail
letters out from on a weekly basis. I love going there because the woman
at the front desk is always ready to tell a dirty joke or flirt.
smile.png

Don't be afraid to put sugar in the water, even a couple of tablespoons for the first few days to perk them up. Glad they are all save and sound!!
big_smile.png

That's exactly how my first experience went.....frustrating but the birds were great and still are the picture of health. So glad you got them..........CONGRATS
wee.gif

I'm so glad they arrived and are okay!
big_smile.png

I've ordered from Meyer and Stromburg and had great boxes of happy chickies arrive from both! I'd buy from either of them again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom