cackle hatchery ducks pictures please

These are some ancona babies that I got in 2012. I ordered a HUGE batch so I could raise them and pick a few to keep for breeders. I had over 60 and only kept about 8.

This is a blue splash crested swedish drake from cackle. Came as an extra duckling in a group of assorted. 2011 bird. Won a blue ribbon at the state fair

A pekin hen, 2010 from cackle. Also won a blue ribbon at the state fair

These welsh are from cackle, 2009 birds.

Sorry, I have been working on breeding flocks and gotten out of big egg production so don't have as big a variety of breeds or as production quality anymore. Cackle has great production birds and they were ALWAYS healthy. So if you aren't looking for show birds, then I highly recommend ordering from them

Anconas weren't that great. Like I said, I raised over 60 and only kept a handful.
Terrible markings on 80% of them, small bodies on a lot, long and lean (NOT what I was looking for), runnerish heads on a lot, and 99% were black and white. A couple of chocolates, no other colors. They were decent layers, ok foragers, and not at all broody.

The welsh were all over the place on the color chart (no goldens, all silver but some were a lot darker than others, some males had half green heads, some had neck rings, lots of females with the wrong color bills, and bodies were not consistant in size or shape at all. EXCELLENT egg ducks though. Always outlaid my chickens

I never got into the swedish so quality wise, they didn't matter to me. The crested were fun (I had 2) and the black swedish were quite calm natured. Not big layers, only ever had 1 our of about 15 go broody. Terribly marked bibs but I only kept them for eggs so it didn't matter to me

What breeds are you looking to get from Cackle and what are your goals for them?

Back
Top Bottom