Cackle Hatchery experience question

NY Coturnix

Songster
May 12, 2020
New York
This is my first time ever ordering poults. I've done quail eggs and understand how that works. I ordered back in early January for Bourbon Reds. When I ordered the scheduled ship date was April 28th. I contacted them last week to see if that was just an estimated or a hard date. Waited a couple days and never got a response to my email so I did the live chat and was told unless something happened with the hatch it's a hard date. I'm guessing I'll get an email if it ships on the 28th. Per the order I'm supposed to be available to pick up from the post office between 4/19 and 5/1.

Is there anyone else that can say yes or no on if they are typically on with their dates? Anyone else receive turkey orders this year that can confirm whether they're hitting their dates? I trust them just want to be ready.

Hey:) I have an order due to hatch/ship on the 28th as well from crackle. I’ll be getting heritage bronze.
Your location will be a factor on when you receive them. I’m in Minnesota so my orders from them come on the Friday after they ship. I received two orders from them last year. One order had poults and chicks. The other had keets. Both shipped on the date they gave me from the start. Unfortunately they didn’t have all the breeds I ordered for chickens and one variety of turkey wasn’t available either. They gave me the option to get a refund or credit. I took the refund.
I found them very helpful and timely, that’s why I’m using them again this year. I just put my order in sooner this time. 😉

Oh, and I did receive emails when they shipped. I expect to get an email next week.

The order I got from them was late, because they didn't bother to tell me that they were sold out of one of the breeds I had ordered. Finally, the just shipped them without the specialty breed.
It said on their website that they still had some to sell, and apparently they didn't.

Okay thanks for the updates. I'll plan for next week and watch my email. I'm in New York State so that'll probably mean an extra day. I gave my USPS drive a heads up in case it gets sent to the house by accident to text me so I can meet up with her.

Hey:) I have an order due to hatch/ship on the 28th as well from crackle. I’ll be getting heritage bronze.
Your location will be a factor on when you receive them. I’m in Minnesota so my orders from them come on the Friday after they ship. I received two orders from them last year. One order had poults and chicks. The other had keets. Both shipped on the date they gave me from the start. Unfortunately they didn’t have all the breeds I ordered for chickens and one variety of turkey wasn’t available either. They gave me the option to get a refund or credit. I took the refund.
I found them very helpful and timely, that’s why I’m using them again this year. I just put my order in sooner this time. 😉

Oh, and I did receive emails when they shipped. I expect to get an email next week.
Well todays the day. Hoping we get our emails:wee

Back
Top Bottom