Cackle Hatchery Sold Out?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hysop

RIP Ryder (2022) & Hammy (2019)
Sep 16, 2019
SW Georgia
So I placed an order a few weeks ago and I have a ship date for August.

I was browsing Cackle Hatchery’s website just now and wow everything it temporarily out of stock!

I didn’t want anything else, I just found it weird in a crazy kinda way.

This page (near the top) notes that there are only 12 "hobby" (sales to the public) hatcheries left in the United States! They said that every town used to have a hatchery back in the 1940s and 1950s.

https://www.cacklehatchery.com/history/

If you have $780 bucks laying around burning a hole in your pocket, this might help address the chick shortage problem...

https://www.cacklehatchery.com/sportsman-incubator.html
I am doing my part! Three Brinsea incubators, incuview and Nurture right 360. And 8 broodies. The incubators are winning by far.

I see. I only wanted Delawares to create sex links. So I am not in the market for any other breed at the moment, but geesh maybe I will keep incubating some eggs. I was about to call it quits for the summer, but maybe I should keep going, I'll see about that because I am tired of worrying about heat lamps being off and on depending on outside temperature :lol:

We didn’t replace our older chickens a couple years ago due to my mother needing a lot of care and after she passed I didn’t have the heart to start any chickens last year. My wife and I decided we would get some this spring, just enough for us as we used to get several and sell eggs. We went to get about 6-8, turned out got 12. Then as things looked so unpredictable we decided to get 12 more and pick back up selling eggs. We had also kicked around the idea of raising our own and not having to rely on hatcheries if worse came to worse, so then we got some straight run Orpingtons so we would have some roosters and hopefully a few reliable broody setting hens. Probably hopefully much ado about nothing but should at least be prepared as far as chickens are concerned if something happens on the hatchery, shipping or store situations.

We didn’t replace our older chickens a couple years ago due to my mother needing a lot of care and after she passed I didn’t have the heart to start any chickens last year. My wife and I decided we would get some this spring, just enough for us as we used to get several and sell eggs. We went to get about 6-8, turned out got 12. Then as things looked so unpredictable we decided to get 12 more and pick back up selling eggs. We had also kicked around the idea of raising our own and not having to rely on hatcheries if worse came to worse, so then we got some straight run Orpingtons so we would have some roosters and hopefully a few reliable broody setting hens. Probably hopefully much ado about nothing but should at least be prepared as far as chickens are concerned if something happens on the hatchery, shipping or store situations.
Tomorrow, we will start clearing a patch of land in the coop for a bachelor pad and a couple of breeding coops....I have decided they will need rollaway nest boxes, also.

An incubator is on my shopping list....

Ideal has Delawares....on September 16th!

https://www.idealpoultry.com/product/1344/0

I was able to order some from Cackle Hatchery that are due to arrive mid August if all goes well that is. If not, I have a rooster and hens to make black sex links, but I preferred red sex links because two different colors is a lot easier to get right than a spot on the head haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom