1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cackle Hatchery

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Chicken girl 15, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Chicken girl 15

Chicken girl 15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2015
    harpursville ny
    My husband ordered me the "surprise box" for our anniversary. Have any of you ordered it this year? I would like an idea of what I might get.

2. I Love Layers

I Love Layers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2015
    Middle of Nowhere
    Copied directly from Cackles website.

Like Surprises?
    No choice of kind or amount of birds but Cackle Hatchery[​IMG] will guarantee a bargain. Generally 40-50 numerous colors, breeds and kinds of poultry sent in this fun surprise. We guarantee at least 40 healthy baby poultry on delivery. Please don’t call us to identify the poultry –that is your fun for the next 7 months. Please be prepared for the possible diversity of poultry and their slightly different care needs. You may need 2 small brooders-one for the smaller chicks and one for the larger chicks. Click here to read chick care instructions. Consider making a short YouTube video or taking photos as they grow. Look for ongoing cash prize contests found on Cackle Hatchery's Facebook page for a contest about a Surprise. A great deal for baby chicks for sale online cheap. (cheap, cheap)
    We do not offer Mareks Vaccination on Surprises!

3. Chicken girl 15

Chicken girl 15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2015
    harpursville ny
    I read that. I was just curious if there was any breeder in particular that was in the box. A lot of people order from them so I was interested to see what they got compared to one another.

4. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Chicken Obsessed

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Even if I received a Surprise shipment from them last week, chances are very good that your shipment next week would be made up of very different breeds, b/c those mixed shipments are "the left overs". Any chicks that aren't specifically ordered go into the Surprise box.

5. I Love Layers

I Love Layers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2015
    Middle of Nowhere
    Agreeing with Lazy Gardener. You got the leftovers of what no one wanted etc

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by