Cackle hatchery???

Has anyone bought ducklings from cackle hatchery? How did it turn out for you??? Debating between cackle and Metzer. Metzer I have to wait a month cackle will ship now.
When I'm not buying from a breeder I order from chickensforbackyards.com they have great customer service, in my experience, and all the chicks have been healthy and wonderful. Good luck!

I had a negative experience ordering from Cackle. I ordered 5 straight run buff silkie, 3 straight run lavender ameraucana, and 3 female cuckoo marans. On the day that the chickens were due to arrive, we contacted the post office and learned the had not received them. I then called Cackle, who told me they had not shipped the chicks. I'm not sure when they were going to inform me - why not tell me the day of shipment? I selected a specific day for shipment so I could take off work and be home to receive the birds. Cackle said they did not ship because they did not have the lavender ameraucana, tand offered to ship out blue ameraucana instead, without offering to refund the price difference. I just wanted the chicks to arrive soon, so I agreed to take blue instead of lavender. When the chicks arrived, there were 7 buff silkie and 4 blue ameraucana. One of the buff silkies was dead on arrival, pinned beneath an unsecured heat pack. Its ribs were broken. The other 10 were alive. The invoice listed "3 blue ameraucana, 5 buff silkie, and 3 cuckoo marans." When I contacted Cackle to report the dead-on-arrival silkie and ask what happened to the marans, they said they shipped marans. I e-mailed a picture of the group to them, and they conceded there were 6 buff silkies, 4 blue ameraucana, and no marans. I asked for a refund on the marans that I did not receive, and they agreed to give it. After 1 week and no sign of refund, I followed up and they said the refund would be processed soon. Another two weeks have passed without refund on the missing marans, so I'm going to have to contact them again. The chicks are now 3.5 weeks old. One of the ameraucana developed a crossbeak at 2 days old and it eventually became severe enough to euthanize. One of the silkies developed wryneck at 4 days old and I spent 4 days hand-feeding and supplementing the chick until it could stand and eat on its own again. It's doing better now, but I am really displeased with Cackle Hatchery's customer service and the quality of their birds, and would never order from them again.
Compared to you I guess I had a great experience because I ordered 9 Rouen ducklings (7 female and 2 male) 2cayugas and 4 khaki Campbell’s received all healthy birds and even a extra khaki.

Back
Top Bottom