Cackle hatchery???

I drove to Cackle to pick up my chicks. I'm impressed by this hatchery. You should be able to get them quickly in your location.
Good luck! Let us know how it goes!
Sue

We just got in an order from Metzer just two days ago, and we are out in South Carolina. The ducklings got here just fine even though they had to go all away across the country. They were also worth the wait - we got five Welsh Harlequins and a Silver Appleyard and they are not only healthy but sweet as can be. Metzer was the place that we kept being referred back to in our research on ducks, and we were not disappointed. I would definitely suggest them and wouldn’t worry about the distance too much. However, do check locally because you might have a small farm or hatchery operation near you. We actually found a couple places near us after we placed our order with Metzer.

My order from last year still says processing on their website.

Look at the one you got on the day that you ordered. There should be a hatch date in there, on the upper left corner.
Nope it says they will send me a hatch/ship date when they have one. I just ordered them on the 4th and all the ones I ordered had the next hatch date as the 9th. So I guess I will have to wait and see and hope I get what I wanted soon.

How long did you have to wait till you got your shipping date from order date?

I called last week and asked them when they would be able to ship out the ducklings, they told me they would be able to ship on April 2 and at that point, I placed my order. I think I called them on March 28. So I knew my targeted shipping date and then I called them just before closing on April 2 to confirm the shipping and get the tracking number. The post office called me at 6:45am on April 4 to tell me that they arrived and even let me pick them up before they officially opened for the day.

How long did you have to wait till you got your shipping date from order date?
It really depends on what they have available. The first time I ordered from them, on a Tuesday asking for ASAP delivery, they shipped that night and I had them on Thursday morning. Last time I ordered, I did two orders and asked for one ASAP, they shipped 3 weeks later when they had availability. My second order is coming the end of May, when the guineas I ordered are available.

Back
Top Bottom