Cackle Hatchery?

3xhhheather

Crowing
May 8, 2020
Finger Lakes, NY/5B
So I was planning on adding onto an order I placed with My Pet Chicken, but it seems I’ve missed the hatch window (April 19) for female Silver Appleyards & the geese I’ve ordered. The only hatchery I’ve found that still has them available to arrive within the same timeframe is Cackle. Reviews seem okay for chickens, but I couldn’t find too much for ducks. Anyone have good/bad experiences with them and waterfowl?

I know geese & ducks grow at different rates, so maybe I’m overthinking them arriving around the same time? The next available ship date is May 3rd from MPC, which is fine.

We ordered 4 Welsh Harlequins and 12 assorted female chicks from Cackle last year. The problem I had was they do not tell you when you will get the birds before ordering online. I ordered in March and as soon as I paid it said to expect them in June. It was not a big problem because my coop and run was not even completed yet. Also getting someone on the phone was very difficult. I wanted to add to my order and get a couple more ducks but they said they could not add to the order and I would have to start the whole process over. Our birds did arrive very healthy and full of energy without any problems. The big thing with Cackle is they will ship the ducks and chicks together. Other online hatcheries that I found would not and charged much more than Cackle. I'm not saying there are no hatcheries that will not ship them together just that I did not find one when I was looking.

We ordered 4 Welsh Harlequins and 12 assorted female chicks from Cackle last year. The problem I had was they do not tell you when you will get the birds before ordering online. I ordered in March and as soon as I paid it said to expect them in June. It was not a big problem because my coop and run was not even completed yet. Also getting someone on the phone was very difficult. I wanted to add to my order and get a couple more ducks but they said they could not add to the order and I would have to start the whole process over. Our birds did arrive very healthy and full of energy without any problems. The big thing with Cackle is they will ship the ducks and chicks together. Other online hatcheries that I found would not and charged much more than Cackle. I'm not saying there are no hatcheries that will not ship them together just that I did not find one when I was looking.

That does sound frustrating, I might end up calling and seeing if I could place my order over the phone to guarantee the ship date. I did try to add chicks to my goose/duck order with MPC and they said the same thing about shipping them separately, so I ended up going with Meyer. Ordering from all over this year lol

Thanks, y'all! I think I will go ahead with Cackle, I'd like the goslings and ducklings to at least be able to hang around outside together without too much of an age gap.

Back
Top Bottom