Cackle hatchery

Kandypeeps05

Songster
Jan 30, 2022
Recently cackle finally uploaded a video of their red junglefowl breeding stock. Now idk about you but I’ve been WAITING to see what their in house birds look like and…..honestly…. I was underwhelmed but I guess I was expecting like real genetics but I am still totally gonna but these! I just want to know your opinions. Are these beauties, close enough? Or a do they not hold a single candle to the real birds. The thing I like about them is that the roosters are unlike game roosters in the fashion that they actually can get along in a large group of mostly hens. Almost behaving like slightly bigger OEGBs. at the very end of the video you see a snippet of them getting spooked and bolting at the windows of the shed and it really shows how skittish they are. would chicks be less flighty if hand reared ?
B36EA9FF-4818-4611-8C86-02F96A9E8F8C.jpeg

They aren't making pets out of any of these birds that are in their breeding pens. They are there for one purpose, to breed and lay eggs. This is how hatcheries stay in business and produce product to sell to all of us.

Hard to know how any particular bird is going to react, but likely they can be tamed when young. Some birds, even the nice fluffy Orpingtons don't always want to be handled and tamed.
Order some, try it and see.

Back
Top Bottom