Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Pics
In case you didn't see it: If you go to cackle's page and scroll down you will see a blue "Availability List" button. That opens a PDF of the breeds available. It is kinda thin this month. Now I know why they couldn't fulfill my other order until at least the first of April.

Why the heck not !! We have everything we need for a large order like TWO COMPLETE Cackle Hatchery Surprises. We only requested no Ducks.

Wow, that is a lot.

They send out at least 40 chicks in the surprise, and as we have read, sometimes more than 50 chicks. My father received almost 50 chicks and 3 ducks when he ordered the surprise.

That means you should receive about 90 chicks, and maybe some turkeys and geese also. (I see you requested no ducks.)

Do you plan to keep them all or sell/give away some?

In case you didn't see it: If you go to cackle's page and scroll down you will see a blue "Availability List" button. That opens a PDF of the breeds available. It is kinda thin this month. Now I know why they couldn't fulfill my other order until at least the first of April.

It seems Cackle Hatchery has most of the common breeds available in March. I am sure it is more difficult to get a breed that is more rare or something.

But I read on Cackle's website that they are hatching 150,000 chicks each week. That is a lot. And you have to feel for them trying to determine how many chicks to hatch based on expected orders.

Wow, that is a lot.

They send out at least 40 chicks in the surprise, and as we have read, sometimes more than 50 chicks. My father received almost 50 chicks and 3 ducks when he ordered the surprise.

That means you should receive about 90 chicks, and maybe some turkeys and geese also. (I see you requested no ducks.)

Do you plan to keep them all or sell/give away some?

We sell what we don't want to keep ! When we keep our feed budget in order, we should have a great profit turn out. :)

Well, it looks like some of the breeds I was really hoping to get in aren't available so that just means I'll be getting some other chicks or hatching eggs!
wink.png

*UPDATE*

I called Cackle Hatchery and requested my second hatchery to ship the following ship date. The lady said that would be great because your second surprise would have been a lot smaller than normal if they was both to ship together. I told her I had no problem with that at all. So our surprises will be a little over a week apart.
woot.gif

1# Surprise shipping out on 3/3/14
2# Surprise shipping out on 3/10/14

Excited !!!!!!!
wee.gif

caf.gif
(will be spamming my email daily after the 3rd lol)
caf.gif

*UPDATE*

I called Cackle Hatchery and requested my second hatchery to ship the following ship date. The lady said that would be great because your second surprise would have been a lot smaller than normal if they was both to ship together. I told her I had no problem with that at all. So our surprises will be a little over a week apart.
woot.gif

1# Surprise shipping out on 3/3/14
2# Surprise shipping out on 3/10/14

Excited !!!!!!!
wee.gif

caf.gif
(will be spamming my email daily after the 3rd lol)
caf.gif
Now you've got me interested in what you might get different between the 2 weeks! I was pretty bummed they didn't have an available for this week when I called last week...now that we have 59 chicks and 2 ducklings from other orders and our local TSC, I'm glad they didn't have an 'extra' one available! As it is, I'm already starting to hit chick burn out! lol We moved the first group outside a couple of nights ago and had to move them back in because of another cold front. Its warmed up again so they are back out but it looks like another cold front is coming on Sunday, they will probably stay out.

I'm looking forward to comparing our surprises on Wednesday!

Back
Top Bottom