Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Pics
Who else is waiting on a 3/3/14 shipment? I still haven't received a confirmation email stating my surprise was shipped. Anyone else that is waiting received one?
If I remember correctly I got my email around 4 last year since they are the last to be boxed up. That being said, its 5:10 and I still haven't received an email confirmation yet...it should be soon though!
fl.gif
I looked up their weather for tonight and they are suppose to get down to 8*
sad.png
Although the last shipment we received from them of 27 chicks came in packed as snug as bugs in a rug and were all great! I'm not sure it was that cold when they left there though. Our Ideal order had the same temps a few weeks ago and we lost 7 out of 17...

If I remember correctly I got my email around 4 last year since they are the last to be boxed up. That being said, its 5:10 and I still haven't received an email confirmation yet...it should be soon though!
fl.gif
I looked up their weather for tonight and they are suppose to get down to 8*
sad.png
Although the last shipment we received from them of 27 chicks came in packed as snug as bugs in a rug and were all great! I'm not sure it was that cold when they left there though. Our Ideal order had the same temps a few weeks ago and we lost 7 out of 17...
I am so tempted to call them and see what is going on with the emails on shipments. I have arrangements to bring my husband to work so I can have our vehicle to pick them up on Wednesday.

I am so tempted to call them and see what is going on with the emails on shipments. I have arrangements to bring my husband to work so I can have our vehicle to pick them up on Wednesday.
If you do, let me know what they say!
big_smile.png
I know our last order from them, I got the email that the shipping label had been made early that morning, but I think it was the next morning before I could track it. It also showed that the deliver date was going to be Thursday, which I knew sounded wrong, and it was, they arrived Wednesday morning.

If you do, let me know what they say!
big_smile.png
I know our last order from them, I got the email that the shipping label had been made early that morning, but I think it was the next morning before I could track it. It also showed that the deliver date was going to be Thursday, which I knew sounded wrong, and it was, they arrived Wednesday morning.

grrrr I missed them being open by 2 minutes. :( <<< Still no email on my end. :(

Last edited:
grrrr I missed them being open by 2 minutes. :( <<< Still no email on my end. :(
I bet you will receive your email any minute! Our first 2 orders this year we received phone calls from the post office before 7 that they were in. Our last order, from Cackle, we didn't get a phone call until after 10. I'm not sure if it had to do with the trucks they came in on or if it just took them awhile to get around to calling us for the last order.

I bet you will receive your email any minute! Our first 2 orders this year we received phone calls from the post office before 7 that they were in. Our last order, from Cackle, we didn't get a phone call until after 10. I'm not sure if it had to do with the trucks they came in on or if it just took them awhile to get around to calling us for the last order.

I did receive my email at 5:50pm :) :) I can't wait to see the info on it. We need to compare how much they weigh. Excited !!!!!

Where is (popsicle)?? Popsicle had a surprise ship today too. :)

Last edited:
Is it strange that *I* am excited that other people are getting surprises? We have such bad weather in March (flooding, snow, ice, tornadoes, take your pick) that I can't start my garden or feel safe getting chicks in the mail until April even though I have ordered late in March before. We currently have ice storms and it is killing my egg selling business!

Back
Top Bottom