Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Pics
Am I reading this thread correctly and if you order this special it seams you could ask for certain breeds or no water fowl and they will work with you on that if you call and place the order? if that's so I may have to order this in the future to get a good mix of chickens and get a few turkeys or guineas also all at once, I have no pond/lake and no desire to raise waterfowl in a kiddy pool.

Am I reading this thread correctly and if you order this special it seams you could ask for certain breeds or no water fowl and they will work with you on that if you call and place the order? if that's so I may have to order this in the future to get a good mix of chickens and get a few turkeys or guineas also all at once, I have no pond/lake and no desire to raise waterfowl in a kiddy pool.
You can contact them and ask. Go on their website. They do have a number of collections available, and one of those may suit your purposes better. In the catalog description of the Hatchery Surprise, it says "no guarantee of number or variety of poultry, but we guarantee a bargain". I want to order it for next year.

as I stated I want no ducks and geese but it looks like others asked for a few breeds and got them, which I understand these are left overs but didn't know if someone could order a package perhaps several weeks out and specifically ask for no water fowl or perhaps asked for more heavy on it if someone was in the reverse situation as I and wanted lots of ducks and geese and could use a variety of other birds too....

I don't think you can really get certain breeds but Cackle does have several "specials". It doesn't hurt to ask, and they might be able to throw a couple of your requests if available into the mix.

You sound like me in what I might do next year. You can get "Rainbow assorted pullets", or "Assorted Heavy Pullets" that could have New Hampshire, Production Red, Rhode Island Red, Cherry Egger, Buff Orpington, Black Australorp, Barred Rock, White Rock, Cinnamon Queen, Red Sex Link, Black Sex Link or Golden Commet. There is also a bantam mixed special that I might do, it depends on how well my children take care of the bantams they have now.

You sound like you might be describing the "Happy Cackle" special which includes 1 pair of geese, 1 pair of ducks, 2 turkeys, 1 rooster (at least) 10 pullets (at least) and 10 assorted. I also don't want swimming birds.

My current flock came from Cackle by way of feed store so I don't have 25. I live close enough to drive to Lebanon, MO so I might drive there next year on Spring Break and pick up my order so I don't have to have the mailing minimun.

CG

No it's the cackle surprise many people here have stated they got geese and ducks. I figure when I get some space If they won't just ship chickens and guineas then I will sell the geese and ducks at a local auction barn, hopefully I'll make a buck or two off the ones I have no desire to have....

Back
Top Bottom