Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Got my surprise this morning! I guess that box does weigh more than you think. There were 48 chicks and 2 ducks, spread out into 3 compartments. I bet they do that in the warmer months to keep them cooler, rather then the 2 compartments in the spring.

Lots of variety, I'll post more later. But there's two turkens, one yellow and one brown. Several sultans. Lots of chipmunks!

Also got my surprise this a.m. 49 total. 47 chicks, 2 ducks.

Of those:
2 Rouen ducks
3 crested polish ( corrected to 4!! They move a lot!)
1 cherry egger (looks like)
Several feather footed bantams
Lots of chipmunks
Might be a turkey, not sure yet, he's a little on the small size...

All made it - no DOA, and made it to northern MI in 2 days.

Last edited:
Here are a few pics to show the variety:

Ok I got my cackle hatchery surprise box and I see why its 16 pounds!!! 6 ducks!!! 55 chicks and what I thought was 2 turkeys. Now the black turkey was obviously a turkey but the yellow one was misshapen. Big eyes this thing has I thought it must be a red burb turkey because we have royal palms and white turkeys so what the heck is this thing it didnt have a turkey nub it had a split and we were really curious what kind of turkey it was. So when we took it down to the other turkeys every thing about this "turkey" was wrong so I pulled out my catalog and looked at every bird and then I found it. Its a peacock!:ya my husband is not impressed he hates them well I told him im keeping it! So the rest we got a few cinnamon queens lots of cocrins and one turkin I really wanted turkins and silkies :( but the peacock makes up for it! Now I need to convince the ol ball and chain to get it a friend :fl :celebrate

Might be a peacock we got one
omg...peacocks are truly a option??? *faints* I need to start buying these surprises every month!!! wonder if the hubby would notice lol . I already got the lecture last nite about the amount of critters we own, something along the line of what's are current critter numbers, over fifty? Um yeah if you count the chickens . You do realize if we are ever on the news and they claim we had over fifty animals on a acre we sound like hoarders? Um but but but. My animals are wel cared for and have decent sized pens, and really I only use about about half the property. The rest is just tumble weeds growing in the front yard, that I haven't yet plowed down because of our huge rock problems.

Lol well if its not its alien turkey that must had been dropped as an egg! Lol if I saw you on the news I would be like "oh I know her!!" Lol I know chicken hording is on the rise. But this is my second box its like buying a scratch ticket!!!

Back
Top Bottom