Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Here's what we got :)
Don't forget I ordered 4 Black Laced Gold Wyandotte, 2 Black Laced Red Wyandotte, 5 Black Laced Silver Wyandotte, 4 Black Jersey Giant, 4 Salmon Faverolle, 2 Speckled Sussex, 6 Easter Egger, & 5 Cochin (not pictured).

I'll post some more for tomorrow. :)

if i were you i would go to cackle site and watch film clips of breeds you got some real beauties maybe red ginger old english and more!!

Sorry I'm late with this post.
hide.gif
On March 25th I received 57 total. No DOA but I did loose 2 bantams on the 26th.

2 African Geese- We are so excited about these. I thought that they were ducks when I opened the box. A little later something wasn't right about them. They are demanding lots of attention. The funny thing is that my daughter just asked for a pair. How did Cackle know?

The front chick is a Turken. 2-mottled Houndan & a Polish which doesn't look yellow anymore. Pictures taken today so they are a week old.

2 Turkeys

Lakenvelder? and White Jersey Giants?

Easter Eggers-they all have cheeks.

Reds with line on top of head. Red Sex Link?

Silkies - The white one is a little bigger

I believe the center one is a German Spitzahauben. It has the weird nostrils. Black ones with feathered legs?

Second picture, is this a Dark Brahma?

Few of the Bantams

Some yellow full size.

I have some chipmunk colored ones in both full and bantam size. We are so pleased with our order. I plan to part with some but I don't know if I can.

Let me know if you can identify anything. I'm new at this and I'm just watching the cackle videos to try and figure out.

Your feather legged could be Cochin. I received my box on the 27th. I got 1 turkey and 58 chicks! I got Cochins. Mottled houdans. Polish. Rhode Island reds. Plymouth rocks. Easter eggers. Naragansett. Jersey giants. Wyandottes. Orpingtons. Many more I don't know.

Sorry I'm late with this post.
hide.gif
On March 25th I received 57 total. No DOA but I did loose 2 bantams on the 26th.

2 African Geese- We are so excited about these. I thought that they were ducks when I opened the box. A little later something wasn't right about them. They are demanding lots of attention. The funny thing is that my daughter just asked for a pair. How did Cackle know?

The front chick is a Turken. 2-mottled Houndan & a Polish which doesn't look yellow anymore. Pictures taken today so they are a week old.

2 Turkeys

Lakenvelder? and White Jersey Giants?

Easter Eggers-they all have cheeks.

Reds with line on top of head. Red Sex Link?

Silkies - The white one is a little bigger

I believe the center one is a German Spitzahauben. It has the weird nostrils. Black ones with feathered legs?

Second picture, is this a Dark Brahma? Yes I do believe it is!

Few of the Bantams

Some yellow full size.

I have some chipmunk colored ones in both full and bantam size. We are so pleased with our order. I plan to part with some but I don't know if I can.

Let me know if you can identify anything. I'm new at this and I'm just watching the cackle videos to try and figure out.
Congrats on a great assortment!

love to see a goose or two pop its head up. very lucky
It has been exciting, and I do feel very lucky with my order. I'm a little nervous about them growing up.

Your feather legged could be Cochin. I received my box on the 27th. I got 1 turkey and 58 chicks! I got Cochins. Mottled houdans. Polish. Rhode Island reds. Plymouth rocks. Easter eggers. Naragansett. Jersey giants. Wyandottes. Orpingtons. Many more I don't know.
You got a great box too! I'm pretty sure no RIRs or Orpingtons. There is one that I think is a wyandotte but not sure. I didn't think that it would be this good right before Easter. I was thinking Cochin too.

Congrats on a great assortment!
Thank you! I'm excited about the possibility of the Dark Brahma. A week later, I'm still excited
ya.gif
about them all.

I have found the best aid for figuring out breeds is to have a paper copy of the Cackle catalog. Faster to page through to look at chick pictures than the webpage.
I agree. I sit with the catalog and then later look at the videos online.

Can't wait to see what everyone else gets.

I LOVE the sound of this mystery box of poultry. My only reservation is the lack of Marek's vaccine option. A long time ago my flock was hit with it. Does anyone vaccinate them on arrival? Has anyone had trouble with Marek's? I don't know if it's just being over paranoid.

Back
Top Bottom