Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Is this a cochin or brahma. ..feathered legs

Wheaten Marans. Maybe Salmon Faverolles if it has five toes and a beard.
Whatever these are I have aswell

Spitzhauben. You can see the vaulted beak. Hamburgs obviously look similar but have a normal beak. They have different combs too. The Spitzhauben has a different crest that isn't obvious like a polish as a little chick.

Yeah....i wont be ordering from this hatchery again......these chicks keep dying off from pasty butt now one has prolaspe. Never lost so many chicks from a hatchery before. No wonders its cheap....there sick.

I am so sorry for loss. When how long have you had them? I have had mine 2 days they are not sick yet. I am worried mine will start dying off.

Yeah....i wont be ordering from this hatchery again......these chicks keep dying off from pasty butt now one has prolaspe. Never lost so many chicks from a hatchery before. No wonders its cheap....there sick.

pasty butt can be caused from shipping stress which isn't the hatcheries fault and incorrect brooder temperature causes pasty butt as well. usually too warm with no cool area. the prolapse can be directly related to fecal impaction from pasty butt. again not a hatchery issue. I've not ever ordered from Cackle before but in all fairness the issues you mentioned are NOT related to the hatchery at all.

thats weird after personally getting several boxes and several of my family members getting them over the past 4 years we have literally had about a dozen either doa or die in the first couple weeks out of hundreds... makes me wonder if something stressful happened in shipping or iy there needs just weren't met ...sorry for your losses

Last edited:
pasty butt can be caused from shipping stress which isn't the hatcheries fault and incorrect brooder temperature causes pasty butt as well. usually too warm with no cool area. the prolapse can be directly related to fecal impaction from pasty butt. again not a hatchery issue. I've not ever ordered from Cackle before but in all fairness the issues you mentioned are NOT related to the hatchery at all.

These are going on a week old. My heat is higher seems these birds are weak from the start. Since Ive already lost 5. In one week. I was gonna sell the cochins but there dying off. These ones that are dying are breeds I would never buy. Not with this many problems. The ees, and the glw a the only ones doing well besides these white birds. Its all the rarer breeds dying like the polish,cochins and naked necks. Breeds I would never purposely buy.

The post office lost track of my shipment for a little more than two days. I just got it yesterday, and I keep losing birds :( I know it's not Cackle's fault, since three days in the mail is too much for the little guys, but I'm thinking of canceling my other order with them. I'm doing what I can, dipping beaks whenever someone looks low, but usually by the time they look droopy they're too far gone for me to help much.

Ugh. @imthegrt1, how are your peeps doing?

Back
Top Bottom