Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Pics
No chicks yet - call P{O and nothing - getting a bit nervous. Thought they would be here earlier than this tomorrow will be day 3 in transit.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Finally came in this morning. All the ducks were DOA and two turkeys too. Also lost a few of the "hatchery surprise" chicks. I'm kinda bummed cause I know if they had gotten here yesterday they would have been fine. Called Cackle - reported the losses. Supposed to call back on Sat and let them know if any more die.

I'll take pics tomorrow - everyone else is doing great. Any body need some bantam chicks???

Quote:
I'm sure they will - I think they want to give enough time to make sure the rest survive before assessing "damages". I only lost 2 lst year out of the hatchery surprise and one was a bantam that basically got squished in-transit, so I didn't call. But this year I specifically ordered the ducks and the turkeys. I hope they will be able to replace them in a reasonable amount of time.

I got 45 chicks, 2 white turkeys and two Khaki Campbells

Here is a group photo
21675_picture_005.jpg

There is an assortment of Polish, three cochin, 2 austrolorp, and these......
not sure what this one is
21675_picture_019.jpg

I have 5 of these in various shades and amounts of black
21675_picture_020.jpg

My favorite - I think it's an EE
21675_picture_024.jpg

this one its got blue and yellow
21675_picture_025.jpg

I have 3 of these I think they are Phoenix
21675_picture_028.jpg

I have 2 of these, I think they are Spitzhaubens
21675_picture_030.jpg

Then I have a variety of red/yellow and yellow chicks that could be any of the layers Cackle sells, 10 in all
21675_picture_036.jpg

SURPRISE BOX SURPRISE BOX!!!...
Arrived yesterday... all alive... YES!
Containing: 2 Turkeys (Bronze)
2 Ducks (Pekin)
30+ chicks; Two or three Brahmas (I think...) 1 RIR for my little brother who wants one, 4 I'm going to guess are BRs, some sort of laying breed, quite a few of these in fact, that are yellow with cinnamon stripes on the back, 4 gorgoues EEs, a few of the stripeys, a pair of silver polish and WCB polish, one of which has a substantial poof. I think white wyandotte bantams. And more I can't ID. The only thing I'm disappointed with is a runty little phoenix bantam with a splayed leg, he's now all taped up in the incubator with a crybaby WCBP for company because they're being absolutely brutal to him in the box.

52339_100_2312.jpg

52339_100_2319.jpg

Anyone know what that little one in the middle is? With the black spot on the head? There are two...

52339_100_2321.jpg

Partrige EE! One can only hope!

Does anyone know off the top of their head when you're supposed to seperate the chickens and the turkeys for the blackhead thing? Do they even get it if you raise them together?

Quote:
The one with the black spot on his head should be a mottled Houdan.
Cackle doesn't have Wyandottes - I don't think???

Speaking of Cackle......Just got off the phone - not only are they replacing the ducks, turkeys and chicks I specifically ordered, they are ALSO replacing the chicks, ducks and turkeys I lost out of the Hatchery Surprise!!!!!!
ya.gif
ya.gif

I CAN NOT believe it
ep.gif
- I totally was not expecting that - PLUS I am recieving a credit for shipping and so I'll get two more ducks with my refund!!!!!!
wee.gif

AND THE VERY BEST PART IN THE WHOLE THING.......THEY ARE SHIPPING THEM WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

I LOVE Cackle!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Oop, I guess not. Only Standards--of the white stock they have shown are BEAUTIFUL, probably not their breeders. Sigh. Hmm... it's got a pea comb I do believe...

No crest on the black-spot. Maybe exchequer leghorn? Hmm...
big_smile.png

Replacement chicks arrived safe and sound. All alive!! It was 2 days instead of 3 this time. They had the wrong postal code !

I got more polish and a couple red sex links - I think cinnamon Queens and a couple other chicks I can't tell what they are!! Plus, my Khaki Campbell girls (4) and a pair of Ancona Ducks and the Bourbon Red turkeys plus a Narragansett.

21675_chicks_005.jpg

21675_chicks_009.jpg

21675_chicks_016.jpg

Back
Top Bottom