Cackle not sending out entire order

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by momof3, May 6, 2009.

1. momof3

momof3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2007
    Iowa
    I'm curious if anyone else has had this happen this year?

I received my order last friday. They did not include my partridge rocks or my turkeys I ordered. There was not a note or anything saying why I did not receive them or if they will ship them. They still charged me for everything.

I guess I'm really frustrated because I had to wait ten weeks for my order. Then they send it without some that I ordered. This means if they send them they will included packing peanuts.

I have emailed them twice and have not heard anything. I guess I will have to call. I have seen the note on there website so that is probably the problem.

2. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    Quote:unfortunately when dealing with live poultry and especially a mixed order, chicks don't hatch, eggs aren't laid and then you have to go through orders and try to match up everything and fill numerous orders at the same time and get it shipped out, sometimes they get delayed.....sorry about your troubles but I am on the other end of the stick.....

3. momof3

Feb 5, 2007
    Iowa
    I understand all about the hatching. It is just frustrating when they don't inform you. I have ordered from Cackle the last three years. The one year I ordered bantams they even called to make sure it was ok that my order would be delayed a week. They usually answer their emails timely. I sent one last friday and haven't heard anything.

This just means until I hear something every wednesday and friday morning I have to make sure I'm here just in case the post office calls. So I'll patiently wait. I will still order from them again unless I don't hear anything from them.

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    And they charge you again for shipping??????????

5. I did not get the Mottled Houdans and the Saipan Jungle this year.

I am guessing that I should be greatful that Cackle filled my order and they gave me a few extra birds a packing peanuts.

Must be a rough year for the Hatcheries this year.

I am going to try again later in the spring or early summer.

6. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    Quote:Oh....that doesn't seem fair at all.....hope it all works out.

7. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Did you double check you invoice? I just got my shipping out invoice and it was wrong. I had ordered on line and when they processed the order they made a mistake. I called and they corrected it immediately.

Also, If you email, it will take FOREVER for them to get back to you. It took me 10 days to get a response and by then I had already talked to customer service. Call, it's way better and faster.

8. momof3

Feb 5, 2007
    Iowa
    Ok I will call. My invoice is right. They have in pen 0 next to the partridge rocks and the royal palm turkeys.

They wouldn't charge me again for shipping would they? Definitely will be calling tomorrow.

Thanks.

9. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    I ordered from Cackle Hatchery for my first time this Spring. Initially it took nearly 3 weeks for them to even ship my chicks. That didn't bother me so much as the fact that my order arrived WRONG. What I originally ordered was:
    BANTAMS:
    5 Splash Cochin
    5 Barred Cochin
    5 Birchen Cochin
    5 Partridge Cochin
    5 White Silkies

Also I ordered:
    5 Silver Laced Wyandottes

What I actually received was:
    6 Splash Cochin
    6 Partridge Cochin
    6 Silver Laced Wyandottes
    5 White Silkies
    3 Birchen Cochin
    3 Barred Cochin

If you count, it's one chick less than what I actually ordered. They all arrived healthy and from that we only lost one Silkie. The rest lived and are thriving at 4 weeks old. I tried repeatedly to call them about my order but every time I called the line was busy, so I got sick of trying. I'm new to owning these breeds of chickens so I'm not 100% positive that I actually received 3 each of Barred and Birchen. I might very well have 6 Barred and no Birchen at all, which would really tick me off as the Birchen was the color I really wanted. I have 3, all roosters, that came out with bright barring in their feathers, and 3 that are black with just the very faintest of barring that isn't complete through their feathers. All 3 appear to be pullets. I'm debating on whether I want to order from them again. I'm torn because for the most part they do produce really sweet birds, but on the other hand, if I'm paying nearly $100 for chicks and their shipping, I expect my order to be right. I sure hope you get the rest of your order. I would keep after them if I were you until you do. Good luck.

10. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    When I ordered from Cackle I paid with my credit card When two of the turkeys died the next day I called them They credited my credit card and never told me I didn't find out until the invoice came from the credit card company the next month. You might want to check to see if they credited what they didn't send.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by