Cackle shipping question...

DukesAngel

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 15, 2010
Louisville, KY
I ordered the city special near the end of Feb and paid with my debit card. On March 7th I got an email from them saying that they were going to ship my chicks on March 15th. March 15th has already come and gone and I have no confirmation of shipment, nor has my debit card been charged yet.

I have emailed Cackle about this issue and have not recieved a response. I also tried to call but the lines seem to be tied up.

Anyone else have this issue? Did you get a shipment confirmation email from them when they did ship out?

hmm I ordered there to just got my chicks this morning... mine were sent out the 16th though... and my card was charged automatically I ordered mine on 12/31 I was expecting them yesterday sunce I'm fairly close to them, so I called and got a busy signal most of the time just keep hitting redial you should get through. good luck!
fl.gif

Well.... now I'm worried that my chicks are going to be in rough shape when I get them. I called Cackle and they said they were shipped on Weds. I called the Post Office and they said they either haven't gotten them or they're on the truck out for delivery... aaaarrrggghhh

Oh geeze, I can't believe they put them on the truck to deliver them to you. My PO always holds on to them and calls me. I hope they are ok.

So I went home on lunch and there my baby chicks are on my front porch! Thank goodness it was 72F outside so that they weren't sitting in freezing temperatures.

I ordered 5 Turkens and 5 Silver Wyandottes.

1 Wyandotte has a broken wing.. and one of the "turkens" is fully feathered...

I'd venture to guess that cackle, like many other hatcheries will cross breed . Like with ee's they, mix other breeds in the line some where and the main traits get passed down. But on occasion, this can happen.....

"The naked neck trait which this breed is controlled by an incompletely dominant allele (Na) located near the middle of Chromosome 3.[4] Since this allele is dominant individuals which are either homozygous dominant (Na/Na) or heterozygous (Na/na+) will exhibit the naked neck characteristic though the heterozygous individual will exhibit less reduction in feathering - true breeding members of the breed must then be homozygous dominant, and all individuals in the recognized breed must be also. Individuals which are homozygous recessive (or wild type feathered) (na+/na+) would not exhibit any feather reduction characteristics of the Naked Necks and, baring mutation, would be unable to pass that trait down" Wikipedia

So it is a turken...ie out of two "turken" parents, but it is homozygous recessive.

Either way, I'd call cackle and let them know about the non-naked naked neck adn the bird with teh bad wing. They are, in my experience, very quick to "fix" problems with their shipping.

Quote:
FWIW my dad carried the mail for 35 years and delivered lots of different animals to people. He even delvered honey bees sometimes! The carrier was probably careful with the box and sometimes the PO doesn't know to call unless they have instructions to call.

OP should have called the PO and left a message telling them that they were expecting chicks and wanted to pick them up. I know my mom has to attempt delivery first before calling. But then again she won't leave a package unless prior authorization has been given. Every PO is different and none of them follow the written rules.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom