Cackle?

Happily! 😁
My royal plum turkeys. I ordered two and was sent three. Unfortunately they didn’t have my black Spanish turkeys.
View attachment 2242858
Turkens! I ordered three and was sent four.
View attachment 2242857
Next up are the black laced silver wyandotte chicks and Easter Egger chicks. View attachment 2242856View attachment 2242862
Group shots
View attachment 2242860View attachment 2242861
Im really bummed. That adorable gray Easter Egger on the left has a crossbeak:/ It was noticeable till yesterday. She’s my daughters favorite of our new chicks and it made her sad to know it won’t be able to eat as many treats as the rest of the chickens. This will be our second chicken with a cross beak.
Next are guineas. I ordered royal purple, lavender, and white. 5 of each and was sent 6 of each. Sadly over the first three nights I lost one each night. Last night was the first night I haven’t lost any. They all looked perfect. Nothing seemingly wrong with them. I’m hoping the rest will do well now. View attachment 2242859
They’re so cute!! I’m so sorry to hear about the cross beak chick :hugsHopefully she’ll do good and at least she has your daughter to give her extra love and care. Hopefully you won’t lose anymore guineas cause they are adorable. The turkens look so wonky but it’s adorable! I have one turken she’s a buff. Glad they gave you extras and are refunding what you didn’t get! Thank you for sharing good luck with your new babies you have quite the variety!:celebrate

They’re so cute!! I’m so sorry to hear about the cross beak chick :hugsHopefully she’ll do good and at least she has your daughter to give her extra love and care. Hopefully you won’t lose anymore guineas cause they are adorable. The turkens look so wonky but it’s adorable! I have one turken she’s a buff. Glad they gave you extras and are refunding what you didn’t get! Thank you for sharing good luck with your new babies you have quite the variety!:celebrate

Thank you😊
I think she should do ok. Here you can see it’s just starting to cross.
995C9A58-911F-46E3-A51E-7CB0BF47B873.png

And this is Donny our crossbeak
F60EE134-D1FE-49A3-9C43-444C149108CE.png

She’s our smallest chicken. ☺️

I can understand the run on laying hens and meat birds as people stress over the pandemic but selling out of all the bantam breeds? What that all about?

Bantams go broody in the spring. So instead of buying an incubator, you can buy bantams, and you'll be able to hatch your own chickens next year (when the panic is either over or worse.)

Or because some people get puppies when they're stuck at home, some get kittens, and some get bantams. They're one more kind of cute pet.

Does anyone know if they are still filling orders that have been placed before things become unavailable?
I have a large order that was scheduled to hatch 7/8. I hope this doesn’t effect that.

My batch from Cackle came when they said it would. Today is 7/14 how did it go?

The post office called and said my order came in! Everyone looks good and are settling in well:) They didn’t send everything I ordered, but said they would refund the money for the missing chicks in a few weeks unless I call to put it towards a reorder. But that’s ok. I got most of what I wanted😊

Thank you😊
I think she should do ok. Here you can see it’s just starting to cross. View attachment 2243676
And this is Donny our crossbeak
View attachment 2243677
She’s our smallest chicken. ☺
I haven't read everything in this thread so might have missed a bit of relevant information. I have one too. He gets his beak trimmed about every 2-3 months when he cannot pick up a cat food kibble in 10-11 tries. After a trimming he can usually get a kibble on his third try. They just need a little bit of support but live happy lives.

That chicks cross beak isnt too bad yet. You can still work to fix it

What?! It can be corrected when caught early? I will feel so horrible for not helping my poor Donny. I was under the assumption that there isn’t anything that can be done. I tried to find information on it and came up empty handed

My batch from Cackle came when they said it would. Today is 7/14 how did it go?

Mine came on time too:)

Back
Top Bottom