Cage for Sun Conures

RingedTeal

Crowing
12 Years
Jun 9, 2011
Georgiana,Alabama
I was going to build a cage made of pvc that would be 8 ft. by 8 ft. by 6 ft. high cage for a pair of Sun Conures that I want. My question is I was going to go with welded wire with Hardware Cloth on top. Is the hardware cloth safe for them ? I have read different ideas on that. Also a wooden roof on top of the cage(so they can't chew holes in it)with a tarp on top to add extra protection against leakage and to cover the side facing North. And also a wire bottom but they could still get grass. Does this sound good ? Open to ideas about anything. Also I will have plenty of ropes and bells and swings in there for them. There nest box would be hanging out of the cage with a hole cut in the wire for them to go out of. They will be the only birds in the cage. The cage would be wrapped in plastic during winter and I will clean as much as it needs then and any time.

P.S-How would they react to say a pair of Lovebirds near or next to them.(Don't have any but thought about getting some later).

PPS-I'm not as inexperienced as I sound I have raised Cockatiels, Parakeets, and Finches and helped my Grandpa raise Quakers. Just never had Sun Conures.

I think I'm going to go with just Hardware Cloth on the cage. And I could also put a Plexiglas or part Plexiglas part wood roof on there. Which would be better ?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom