Cake decorating. Need an idea.

paddock36

Crowing
15 Years
Dec 24, 2008
Ocala, Florida
I have to make a cake for a luncheon at my work on the 9th. The luncheon has been themed "Spring Fling". Anyone have an idea of how to decorate the cake (or cakes if neccessary). I have taken the Wilton decorating courses so I know how to decorate the cakes but just didn't want the same ol' flowered cake. Oh, the luncheon is going to be hamburgers, hotdogs, corn on the cob, and the regular cookout type simple foods. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Nobody
hu.gif
, oh well. Guess I'll just search the web again.

If you have facebook check out the Wilton site. There are 240,000+ photos on there of what people have done. I find it very helpful when looking for a unique idea.

I would like to suggest CUPCAKES!!! Everybody loves a cupcake. You could do white icing with a little shamrock on each one for St. Patty's Day.....Or some green sprinkles........

Working in the baking industry for as long as I did, here is a tip. Get a box mix. They come out the most consistent. As far as decorating, you took a classes so that is good. How about a round cake, with basket weave sides and fresh edible flowers on top. Maybe pansies. Way easy but looks professional and fantastic.

http://candacebakescakes.blogspot.com/2009/09/basket-weave-flower-cake.html

Like this but fresh flowers if you can get them.

Last edited:
Do a burger! White cake top and bottom, don't cut the 'crown' off - use it for the top bun. Color accordingly. Use sprinkles/jimmies for the seeds on top of the bun. Chocolate cake with chocolate icing for the burger. Use icing with the 103/104 tip for the lettuce/tomato.

You could also do a 'spring hat' cake - rounds with flowers, with a ribbon.

Cupcakes with different flowers would work...or with icing and fresh berries on top

I love the hamburger idea!
lol.png
I had one for my DH's birthday last year! It was a real hit!

I'm a gerber and lily fan - so thinking of a 'springy' cake, I see bright fondant flowers and polka dots!

Back
Top Bottom