Calcium (do I have enough?)

Green Bean Quail

Songster
Nov 13, 2019
Hey all!
So I got myself all in a frazzle because I read a couple threads on calcium needs for quail and now I’m rethinking my whole process..probably should stop going on the forum right before bed!
Currently I have my birds on Prince Gamebird feed, which has something like like a guaranteed analysis of 1.30% protein, plus now that they molted I added in SuperChick feed supplementation to encourage weight gain and feather growth before winter (that has a guaranteed analysis of about 5%-much higher). I also give them kale when I can get it and at least two harboiled eggs with shell to share amongst them during the week. They aren’t even laying right now, but is this all enough? I just spent SO much on their insulation and working on the new hitch that I can’t really afford to get more supplementation, but if y’all really think they need it, I will totally do so!

Currently I have my birds on Prince Gamebird feed, which has something like like a guaranteed analysis of 1.30% protein, plus now that they molted I added in SuperChick feed supplementation to encourage weight gain and feather growth before winter (that has a guaranteed analysis of about 5%-much higher).
Are you sure you are reading the label correctly??? :idunno 1.30% and 5% do not sound correct values at all.
If you could take a pix of the label on the bag, and let us analyze it, then maybe able to make suggestions.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:

Haha sorry! Here’s the label!
image.jpg

Ok,,, that looks different now. The feed is a high protein variety. The calcium percentage is good for non-laying birds,such as roosters and hens still not laying.
I suggest offering Cracked Oysters shells Free-choice, as best solution. If you purchase a large bag intended for chickens, you can screen out the larger pieces, and offer the smaller granules.

Back
Top Bottom