calcium for quail?

If it is the "Pullet Sized" oyster shell, you will need to crush it down to smaller pieces. You can also offer cuttle bone for more calcium. I have heard that Collard Greens and Kale are high in calcium.
smile.png

those greens are definitely high in calcium . i give my adult Coturnix the standard oyster shell w/o a problem...also you can save ,cook,dry and crush your quail egg shells and feed them back to your birds...

If Fed A Good Gbs They Absorb All The Calcium They Need From The Feed And Supplimenting Is Un-necessary. However It Never Hurts And Many Seem To Enjoy It. Personally I Dont Get Crushed Oyster Shell, I Get Oyster Grit... Yep Oyster Shells Crushed To The Size Of Chick Grit... Kills 2 Birds With 1 Stone
smile.png

What about straight up powder calcium for reptiles from the pet store? No need for added D3 (you can purchase it with or without), but calcium that you could shake up with their food to coat it?

Anyone ever do that?
idunno.gif

Quote:
mmm. the way my birds throw it around it would be way expensive i think...

I will look and see if i can find oyster grit... or if that fails maybe i'll try the cuttle bone route..

Back
Top Bottom