Calcium

If you are referring to things like crushed oyster shell to keep their eggs shells hard, I think most people just let them have that free choice. That won't eat too much but seem to eat the amount they need. I have mine in a vertical 6" PVC pipe 4 feet long, screwed to a square base. At the base a hole is cut and they peck at the shell at their leisure. I only have to refill it every six months. Hope that helps.

If you are referring to things like crushed oyster shell to keep their eggs shells hard, I think most people just let them have that free choice. That won't eat too much but seem to eat the amount they need. I have mine in a vertical 6" PVC pipe 4 feet long, screwed to a square base. At the base a hole is cut and they peck at the shell at their leisure. I only have to refill it every six months. Hope that helps.

Thanks. Never thought of doing that. I simply just scatter them around their run.

One of the best calcium supplements available to your chickens are there own egg shells. 98% calcium, just crush the shells and feed them in separate container or daily out of your hand, mine see them like a treat because I feed it to them by hand.

Back
Top Bottom