"Calibrated" a digital hygrometer (WalMart Special)

dragonchick,

My GUESS is that the 25 cent hygrometer WILL WORK.....but will probably need a slight adjustment. (It's good that it has the "adjustment screw" !)

I think you'll find that you made a very good "buy" !!!

Good Luck!
-Junkmanme-
old.gif

This is the little hydrometer I bought for a quarter. I have no idea what it came out of but its about 2.5" diameter.

PICT0711.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic.

I would think so IF the needle moves. (You'll Probably need to adjust it to the 75% mark IF it's off some.......but do this "quickly" after you pull it out of the ZipLock bag and see what the "reading" is. ...It SHOULD read 75%)

Hope this helps,
-Junkmanme-
old.gif

P.S. I think you'll find, as I did, that "muddstopper" is VERY SHARP on this sort of thing! (amongst other things!)
smile.png
wink.png

I just finished building my chick incubator and now am looking for the correct item to use for taking the temp inside, I see a couple of different items people use for putting the probe in so my question is,
What is this wiggle thing that people are using to put the probe in for taking the temp inside the incubator. is the temp reading correct so you can usethis item or should I try using something else.

Rod:
cool.png

Rod,
I think you are referring to a "water wiggler". I haven't used one, but have seen pictures. It is a child's toy that you fill with water and somehow "tuck" the thermometer probe inside......which, theoretically, gives you a closer approximation of the actual temperature inside the eggs.

I have read that these "water-wigglers" are commonly available at "Dollar Stores" in the area of kid's toys.

hope this helps,
smile.png

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

P.S. most thermometer/hygrometer combination units only measure temperature with the probe.

Last edited:
You know, if you could find a old cigar display case, (humidor), it should make a great incubator. Dont these type humidors also have humditiy control devices? Also usually made out of fancy wood. Hummmmm, (Humming sound as old gears start turning)

Another note to self,
Self, start checking tobacco shops for used or discarded cigar display cases for incubator projects.

Back
Top Bottom