1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

California Gray???

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by nanawendy, Feb 25, 2010.

1. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    I can't find any info on this birdie. Could there be a ANA for them. Our Co-op is getting them in and the fam. is curious about stats. [​IMG]

2. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    I heard someone else mention these before but I am sorry to say I dunno nothing about them - It peaked my curiousity because I am fromj california and was hoping to see a picture. I would suggest you used the search box on your upper right hand corner about the post a reply blue line and see if that brings you any info.

Caroline

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

If I am remembering right, they are pretty much like a barred leghorn and lay big white eggs.

4. nanawendy

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    Yes Thank you They lay lg white eggs ... Not what I wanted but it's good to know. I appreciate your input [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  5. Quote:I am pretty sure you are right. Does anyone know where I can buy these birds?

1 person likes this.
  6. nanawendy

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    YESSSS Bellingham Wa. @ the Farmers co-op~ hatch day Feb 17 delivery to co-op the next Friday
    Ya think you can make it ??? [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  7. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I got a cockerel a few years back just to see what they looked like. He basically looked like a leghorn in type but the barring was more of a slate colored cuckoo, he got killed by a critter so I couldnt breed to see if it was blue or what.

8. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
  9. New2Peeps

New2Peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I was just at the Rural King this morning and they have a bin full of day old pullet chicks. They are all yellow with black spots. I can't seem to find a picture of an adult hen--anyone have one??

10. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    [​IMG][​IMG]

.....Alan.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by