California-Inland Empire

Pics
Hello! I'm new here and looking into getting chickens and quails. Are quails typically harder to raise than chickens?
Hi, good question! Firstly, when you have chickens and/or quail you can forget the words; Typically, normal, and usually. Every situation is different and that is the only "normal" in raising poultry... However, If you keep reading through BYC posts you will quickly learn what to expect and how others make the experiences work.

In my experience (IME) quail are slightly more time consuming than chickens due to the fact they have to be kept in pens instead of free ranging so you have to clean the pens. You will be amazed by the amount of poop those lil birds can produce. lol On the good side, they produce more eggs and will consistently lay on a regular basis as long as you feed them and water them and make sure they get as close to 40% protein in their feed.

Keep on reading and learning. Send me a PM because I have plenty of quail that are looking for new homes!

From the Crazy H-Bar Ranch and Hatchery;
WEEKEND BLOWOUT SALE!!! The breeding project is well underway and we have a large surplus of 3 week old quails, adults, and breeding quads. I'm looking for people who want quail babies at 3 weeks old, breeding quads or birds for processing...We have Pharaohs, Jumbo Pharaohs, Golden A&Ms, Italian Speckled and Tuxedos.
We have 3 week old Pharaohs for $3 and adults for $5, 3 week old Jumbo Pharaohs for $5 each adults $8 each, Golden A&M babies $5 adults $8 each, Tuxedo babies $8 adults $10 each, and Italian Speckled 3 weeks old for $8 and adults $12. Pharaoh quads (1 male/ 3 females) $20, Jumbo Pharaoh breeding quads $32, Tuxedo quads $40. We also have fertile quail eggs $6 a doz and quail eggs for eating for $4 a doz. available as well as fresh non fertile chicken eggs for $5 a doz. NOT AVAILABLE ON WEEKDAYS! As always, discounts for buying in numbers.
Located in So. Cal. Lake Elsinore area.

Hi, good question! Firstly, when you have chickens and/or quail you can forget the words; Typically, normal, and usually. Every situation is different and that is the only "normal" in raising poultry... However, If you keep reading through BYC posts you will quickly learn what to expect and how others make the experiences work.

In my experience (IME) quail are slightly more time consuming than chickens due to the fact they have to be kept in pens instead of free ranging so you have to clean the pens. You will be amazed by the amount of poop those lil birds can produce. lol On the good side, they produce more eggs and will consistently lay on a regular basis as long as you feed them and water them and make sure they get as close to 40% protein in their feed.

Keep on reading and learning. Send me a PM because I have plenty of quail that are looking for new homes!
I'm definitely interested. I'll pm you soon. Thank you.

40% protein??!
How do you get it that high??

Back
Top Bottom