California Mountain Chicks flock, garden and more!

Bobcats are quite diurnal, I too have seen them waltz right by the run during the day! I keep telling myself I need to install a trail cam up by the coop, I am sure all sorts of scary things are lurking at night!
A trail cam can be very useful and revealing - and scary when you see who-all is lurking around the coop & run day and night! Watching our trail cam videos warned us in advance that our future chickens would need serious protection - we have 4 black bears, coyotes, gray foxes, raccoons, roaming dogs, bobcat and now & then a mountain lion traipsing up & down our gravel driveway and through our surrounding woods. And aerial predators as well - hawks, owls, etc. so alas the girls can't free range safely inside the ~acre of fenced yard. So, heavy wire fencing (7' deer fence) plus electric fence for perimeter, and 1/2' hardware cloth top, sides and underneath the coop & run. Plus carabiner locks to defy clever raccoon hands!

So far, so good...🤞No Sasquatch yet.

A trail cam can be very useful and revealing - and scary when you see who-all is lurking around the coop & run day and night! Watching our trail cam videos warned us in advance that our future chickens would need serious protection - we have 4 black bears, coyotes, gray foxes, raccoons, roaming dogs, bobcat and now & then a mountain lion traipsing up & down our gravel driveway and through our surrounding woods. And aerial predators as well - hawks, owls, etc. so alas the girls can't free range safely inside the ~acre of fenced yard. So, heavy wire fencing (7' deer fence) plus electric fence for perimeter, and 1/2' hardware cloth top, sides and underneath the coop & run. Plus carabiner locks to defy clever raccoon hands!

So far, so good...🤞No Sasquatch yet.
Please let me know when you finally see a sasquatch on your cam. ;)

I finally did install a trail cam about a month ago! Nothing interesting yet at night, lots of Deer, Elk, even an owl flew through. The Ravens keep it active during the day flying through. :p Bears have been lurking up the road, I'm hoping to catch one on my cam!

Please let me know when you finally see a sasquatch on your cam. ;)

I finally did install a trail cam about a month ago! Nothing interesting yet at night, lots of Deer, Elk, even an owl flew through. The Ravens keep it active during the day flying through. :p Bears have been lurking up the road, I'm hoping to catch one on my cam!
Believe me, when a Sasquatch shows up, I'm posting the video here first! :eek:[I just hope they don't like to eat chicken😉, just about everything else does.] Let's hope your bears continue to lurk AWAY from your chickens!

Believe me, when a Sasquatch shows up, I'm posting the video here first! :eek:[I just hope they don't like to eat chicken😉, just about everything else does.] Let's hope your bears continue to lurk AWAY from your chickens!
I am sure Sasquatches eat chicken! :lol:

The neighbor saw the bear meandering around about a 1/2 mile from here last week, I've been keeping a close eye out at dusk. I will definitely post a cam pic if he turns up on it! 📷

Back
Top Bottom