California - Northern

I would like some i'm in San Diego
Well, I'd love to let you have some but we are in Modesto. Do you travel this far north regularly? Last time we drove to SD it was 10 hours. Not sure these chicks are worth your time
roll.png

Have to say that in your area there are some lovely birders. There's a few hobby farms that make me want to take a trip with a cargo trailer and empty boxes.
gig.gif

CackleJoy, what a coincidence! Today our very first EVER egg hatched. However, he/she is all alone. Now I'm scrambling to find some friend for her. JSWest is the only place that has chicks right now. So, I'm very interested in your Ooops's.

CackleJoy, what a coincidence! Today our very first EVER egg hatched. However, he/she is all alone. Now I'm scrambling to find some friend for her. JSWest is the only place that has chicks right now. So, I'm very interested in your Ooops's.
I will PM you the information.

Yes, you can feed them back to the flock.

Almost none of the Worm medicine gets into the eggs. The amount the get from eating the eggs is so small it would not be detected.

You can feed the eggs back to them with no problem. You can also give the eggs to Dogs or other pets too.

Did you treat them again after 10 days? The second treatment kills worms that hatched after the adult were killed by the medicine.
Thanks Happy Chooks and Ronott1. I have not retreated yet. It has only been 5 days since the first worming so I will do the 2nd treatment on Saturday. Then withhold the eggs again for another 14 days after that?

Just an FYI for fun. This is the boy who caused oopsies. I was gathering eggs about 4 1/2 weeks ago for that hatch. He was hatched abt July 4. Dec 4 = 5 months old. I'd say 14 weeks is right on for that oops. The escapee incident was in late Sept or Early Oct. He is turning out to be worth keeping
big_smile.png

I would say your fertility test was AWESOME! WOW! Put me on the list for a trio if you have any left over (and not three boys, please
wink.png
)
You are first on the list
big_smile.png

I need to get some new pictures of the Silkie chicks. They are beautiful! The little lavender is still only a quarter of the size of the others. I keep checking its weight to be sure it is getting enough to eat. It seems to be doing just fine.

Just an FYI for fun. This is the boy who caused oopsies. I was gathering eggs about 4 1/2 weeks ago for that hatch. He was hatched abt July 4. Dec 4 = 5 months old. I'd say 14 weeks is right on for that oops. The escapee incident was in late Sept or Early Oct. He is turning out to be worth keeping
big_smile.png

He is gorgeous! Who did you get your GLWs from?

Back
Top Bottom