California - Northern

Question....I wormed my girls last with Wazine and have been keeping the eggs laid since then separate. I was thinking it would cook them up and feed them back to the girls, but then I thought that might mean I would have to "withhold" again since the reason I am not eating these eggs is because they may be contaminated with the wormer. Is it OK to feed the eggs back them?

Question....I wormed my girls last with Wazine and have been keeping the eggs laid since then separate. I was thinking it would cook them up and feed them back to the girls, but then I thought that might mean I would have to "withhold" again since the reason I am not eating these eggs is because they may be contaminated with the wormer. Is it OK to feed the eggs back them?
Yes, you can feed them back to the flock.

Almost none of the Worm medicine gets into the eggs. The amount the get from eating the eggs is so small it would not be detected.

You can feed the eggs back to them with no problem. You can also give the eggs to Dogs or other pets too.

Did you treat them again after 10 days? The second treatment kills worms that hatched after the adult were killed by the medicine.

Well, today is hatch day and there are no pips, peeps or anything in my Trader Joe's eggs,
sad.png
poor broody mama!!! I'm disappointed lol.
I am so sorry!

Did some develop?

Well, today is hatch day and there are no pips, peeps or anything in my Trader Joe's eggs,
sad.png
poor broody mama!!! I'm disappointed lol.
If she goes broody again, give us a call. Our eggs are always good even if they are just mutt eggs. Sometimes I have purebred birds going on so you never know! Can't have a broody momma w/ no chicks.

Hi all,
I have not been here for a long time. Work and life have been keeping me busy. But I do have a question as I am new to hatching. I borrowed an incubator from my local feed store after my lavender Ameracauna rooster was taken by a predator. So I put the Americauna hens eggs in the incubator to hope and get some of his offspring. And I did. But the questions I have are this. I have lost several chicks that did not hatch and when I opened the egg there were full chicks in them. I don't know why they are not hatching. Also, I seem to be hatching all roosters. Are hens more difficult to hatch? If anyone can think of what might be going on. I would so appreciate it.
Thank you

Hi all,
I have not been here for a long time. Work and life have been keeping me busy. But I do have a question as I am new to hatching. I borrowed an incubator from my local feed store after my lavender Ameracauna rooster was taken by a predator. So I put the Americauna hens eggs in the incubator to hope and get some of his offspring. And I did. But the questions I have are this. I have lost several chicks that did not hatch and when I opened the egg there were full chicks in them. I don't know why they are not hatching. Also, I seem to be hatching all roosters. Are hens more difficult to hatch? If anyone can think of what might be going on. I would so appreciate it.
Thank you
What was the hatch rate? The closer to 100% you get, the closer to 50/50 the ratio should be.

What were the chicks like(sticky or etc.)? What was the humidity? What day did they hatch on?

After the first hatch it is a great time to evaluate the hatch. Good Job!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom